Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem With Macy's Website

@leafycritter wrote:

I order from the Macy's website frequently. Yep, it's kind of messy. It's very slow to navigate, and their filters for drilling down to the product type you want are poorly done. Somtimes it just goes wonky.Tonight I kept clicking to write a review on a product I'd purchased, but every time I clicked, it just took me back to the home page.

I will say that one good thing about ordering from Macy's is that they ship very fast.

Perhaps the fast shipping time is to help compensate for the excessive length of time it takes to find what you want on the website.  The Lord and Taylor website is just as bad.  

Nordstrom website is great.  Macy,s product descriptions on clothing are also,totally inadequate a lot of the time.  Often when I look at a clothing item I want to know what the material is since I cannot feel the garment for myself.  More often than not they do not list the material content.  You would think that with the emphasis on on line shopping in today's world they would make their website a priority but obviously not.  No wonder they are in financial trouble.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@leafycritter wrote:

I order from the Macy's website frequently. Yep, it's kind of messy. It's very slow to navigate, and their filters for drilling down to the product type you want are poorly done. Somtimes it just goes wonky.Tonight I kept clicking to write a review on a product I'd purchased, but every time I clicked, it just took me back to the home page.

I will say that one good thing about ordering from Macy's is that they ship very fast.

Perhaps the fast shipping time is to help compensate for the excessive length of time it takes to find what you want on the website.  The Lord and Taylor website is just as bad.  

Nordstrom website is great.  Macy,s product descriptions on clothing are also,totally inadequate a lot of the time.  Often when I look at a clothing item I want to know what the material is since I cannot feel the garment for myself.  More often than not they do not list the material content.  You would think that with the emphasis on on line shopping in today's world they would make their website a priority but obviously not.  No wonder they are in financial trouble.

I rarely have problems with Macy's site.  Lord and Taylor's is AWFUL and they send wrong items out often.  I'm always amazed if L and T gets my items sent correctly!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have been trying to log onto Macys website from my computer. I have tried through Ebates, Mr. Rebates. and just the website and I keep getting a message of an error, and I'm being denied access to the site. Is it a problem with me or Macys?

NO!  Is isn't you.  They have the worst website of any online retailer I use!  If there isn't a problem with their website then there is a problem with trying to get access to your credit card info.  I was on the phone for over two hours a couple of months ago trying to find out why I couldn't order something online.  I thought it had to be me but it wasn't.  I am a usually a calm, reasonable, very nice person but I totally lost it and had a meltdown on the phone.  I have a lot of friends who feel the same way. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

Macy's online ordering is the worst.  Anytime I tried either the coupons don't work or something.  I ALWAYS have to call and get CS to help.  They are wonderful though, but the aggravation is overwhelming.

@sparklestar How right you are.  I won't ever order online from Macy's again.  I just don't trust them anymore after an incident that happened placing an order for a handbag.  I won't take a chance ever again.  I literally had to go into the store to straighten out an online order mess that they made.  Even that wasn't an easy task.  I was there for well over an hour to get it cleared up.  No more orders done with that store online.  

@BlingQueen022, thought I'd let you know I may stay in the background again for a while.  I'm being stalked again.  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Whatever the issue was with Macy's website has  been cleared up. I'm able to get on and navigate with no problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used the Macy's website often.  I have never had a problem at all.  I find it very easy and the shipping is fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

Macy's online ordering is the worst.  Anytime I tried either the coupons don't work or something.  I ALWAYS have to call and get CS to help.  They are wonderful though, but the aggravation is overwhelming.

@sparklestar How right you are.  I won't ever order online from Macy's again.  I just don't trust them anymore after an incident that happened placing an order for a handbag.  I won't take a chance ever again.  I literally had to go into the store to straighten out an online order mess that they made.  Even that wasn't an easy task.  I was there for well over an hour to get it cleared up.  No more orders done with that store online.  

@BlingQueen022, thought I'd let you know I may stay in the background again for a while.  I'm being stalked again.  Smiley Frustrated

@sparklestar Don't stay away for too long.  You'll be missed.  I have to say I don't blame you.  I had that happen to me too.  Wasn't a fun experience.  Will look forward to your return.  

Frequent Contributor

Macy's used to have a great site. Now I have trouble navigating it. Waving ~~~HI to 

Win!

Honored Contributor

I ordered a beauty item from Macy's today and had no problem.  Free shipping, a rebate from mrrebates, and Plentipoints.  

When I can get all this, there is no point to making a trip to the store.