Honored Contributor

Princess Beatrice Cancels May 29th Wedding

Due to the corona virus, according to People. She and her fiancee didn't break up and but aren't even thinking about a wedding now due to the pandemic. (Perhaps "postpones" is a better word to use but the magazine used cancels.)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Princess Beatrice Cancels May 29th Wedding

I didn't even have this event on my radar anyway. 

Respected Contributor

If I was in this situation, I think I'd get married at the court house (assuming I could) on the original day, and have the party at a later date.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Ahh, to bad I'm sure they both are disappointed. But I think with the pandemic it is a wise decision. They would have had guests flying in from different countries. Not something that should be happening at this moment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee They could get married at a registry office, I believe, without all the trappings. But maybe the 'trappings" are important to them LOL!

Or they could have been married in a very small ceremony by an Espiscopal priest. Or not.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids The article on the People site mentioned they considered something very small instead but in the end decided to just postpone for now. The plans were to get married at St
James Palace and then Granny was throwing them a garden party at Buckingham. It was to be much smaller an event than the Cambridge's or Sussex's weddings.
I do hope Philip and Elizabeth both live to see it. Given Grandad's age and health they shouldn't wait too long!
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I had read that. IMO if the marriage itself was important enough, not the wedding, they could get the formalities done and have a gathering later. JMO

Respected Contributor

we'll see what happens.  a lovely event at the right time when the UK is on the ascendancy might be perfect for the country to celebrate.  that is hard to put a date to now, impossible to plan therefore. 

this is one of life's challenges and hopefully their relationship is strengthened by it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Pearlee I had read that. IMO if the marriage itself was important enough, not the wedding, they could get the formalities done and have a gathering later. JMO

That is a good point @Love my grandkids. Last week the local news had a feature about couples still getting married as scheduled. 

Maybe since the news is no longer paying much attention to her father, she'll decide to do something bigger when the new date rolls around.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm not one for big weddings, but I have to say I do not begrudge Princess Beatrice for wanting to postpone her wedding. The girl has probably been dreaming about this day for her whole life. She deserves her day in the spotlight...if that's what she wishes. Just my opinion...