Honored Contributor

The Royal Family Channel-Youtube Aug 8th-2018 

Deeply moving speech at the memorial service in France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Amiens. Looking very, Kingly. 

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

The Royal Family Channel-Youtube Aug 8th-2018 

Deeply moving speech at the memorial service in France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Amiens. Looking very, Kingly. 

He will make a wonderful king.  

Honored Contributor

It still saddens me that Diana is not around to see what good men both her sons grew up to be. I think this is mostly due to Diana, what she instilled in them for the short time she had with them. She would be very proud of them both.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

He will make a wonderful king.  

At the current rate, William will be lucky if he makes king by the time he's 99 yrs young.

Healty Queen Liz age 92 has no plans of retiring anytime soon which leaves Charles waiting in the wings till he's 99 yrs young.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

There might not even be a British monarchy by the time he would be king.  That family lives a long time, The queen is 90something she isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  Charles is will live just as long or probably longer.  So, we're talking 30 years.  We actually don't know much about William as a person.  He's much more private and reserved than his bother.  He's much like his father in that respect.  But he's his own man.  He was shaped by both of his parents and his life but like all of us HE made hisself into who he is today.  

Esteemed Contributor

He would make Diana proud...

Trusted Contributor

I agree that both William and Harry would make Diana proud.  I believe that her empathy for people in all walks of life really impacted both boys.  She showed them life outside of the palace which taught them humility, kindness and compassion.  These were some of her best qualities and you really see them shine on through her sons. These little pieces of her seen in them are a comfort and makes me feel a little less sad that she left this world much, much too soon!      

Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

It still saddens me that Diana is not around to see what good men both her sons grew up to be. I think this is mostly due to Diana, what she instilled in them for the short time she had with them. She would be very proud of them both.

@Jordan2

I agree.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There might not even be a British monarchy by the time he would be king.  That family lives a long time, The queen is 90something she isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  Charles is will live just as long or probably longer.  So, we're talking 30 years.  We actually don't know much about William as a person.  He's much more private and reserved than his bother.  He's much like his father in that respect.  But he's his own man.  He was shaped by both of his parents and his life but like all of us HE made hisself into who he is today.  

@chrystaltree

By the time Charles takes over, he'll be too old to do so.  Most people his age have already retired!