Respected Contributor

...The Royal family have followed pandemic protocol dating back to the time of the '1665 Great Plague' and split themselves up to try and ensure not all members of the direct line of succession get infected with the sometimes fatal disease.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are sheltering at Windsor Castle, Charles and Camilla are currently at their home, Burnham, on the Balmoral Estate, in Scotland "self-isolating." Kate and William are in Norfolk and Harry and Meghan are in Canada...

Honored Contributor
Actually I read an article -I think it was in People - about a week and a half ago, before this news of Charles' diagnosis, about Harry feeling isolated and far away across the ocean in Canada and that he was especially concerned about his father and grandparents regarding corona. People's source was a friend of friends of the couple ( can't remember who now).

I felt sorry for Harry being so far away from and concerned about his elderly relatives. And now it turns out there is good reason that he be so.

I think William should be really sorry now that on a recent outing with Kate, he was joking around about the Corona virus. Now that his dad has it, I'm sure it's not funny at all.
Honored Contributor

I admire Prince Charles. The way, years ago,  he reacted or rather didn't react to the assignation attempt was what being British used to mean. 

Honored Contributor
From all the articles today I've read about Charles, it sounds like he could very well have gotten the virus from Prince Albert whom he was with recently.
Honored Contributor

Surprised at some of the direction this thread has taken...not.

Yes William did joke around about coronavirus, never saw anyone here criticizing/bashing him for that. The focus was always elsewhere. PW is not without human foibles.

All I hope for is that every member of the family stays healthy, just as I do for every human. Don't care at all about the royal family dynamics or personal issues. Not relevant at all during these painful difficult times.

I can't see my Dad and he's 11 miles away. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I enjoy looking at newmyroyal.com with many countries listed of the events they are all attending each day.  I noticed up until about 10 days ago or so many of them still hand shaking ect...  The below was take of the Queen on 3/11 and she was last in public on 3/12.   I do hope she is well and testing negative.

At Buckingham Palace, Lord Prior of the Order of St John, Professor Mark Compton presented the first ever golden medal to the Queen

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor
@Greeneyedlady21. The personal dynamics of the royal family dont interest you, fine. But they do interest others here. Not all of us are interested in every subject.
Respected Contributor

My comments are NOT bashing anyone.  If I had made a decision to leave the country of my birth and family who consists of a 98 year old grandfather, 91 year old grandmother and a 71 year old father during this time of the virus, I would have regrets especially if my father was tested positive.  Even if I could not physically be with him, I would find more comfort in being within a driving distance.  I live in a different state than my son and his family but who are healthy at present.  But if need be, I would be able to drive the distance and not have to take a plane or be in another country.

I have no idea why people read more into what was stated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Charles

[ Edited ]

Without feeling I am bashing (and not wanting to appear "anti" any of my favorite posters), I must say that if I were in Prince Harry's situation at this moment, I would rue the fact that I was at such a distance from my father, who has contracted the virus, and very aged grandparents.

This has got to yank at his soul.   

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Without feeling I am bashing (and not wanting to appear "anti" any of my favorite posters), I must say that if I were in Prince Harry's situation at this moment, I would rue the fact that I was at such a distance from my father, who has contracted the virus, and very aged grandparents.

This has got to yank at his soul.   

I'm only 11 miles away and it yanks at my soul, every minute of every day. If Harry was in England he couldn't physically visit his father or grandparents. WIlliam can't visit them, no one can. That is the responsible thing to be doing with any elderly relative and anyone else in your family. Behave as if you already have it and protect them. Behave as if you already have it and social distance and limit trips to pharmacies and stores as much as possible. 

Harry's feelings are his own to deal with. I have a very dysfunctional family, for very valid personal reasons that I would never care to discuss here. I hate being judged for that too, so that's why I don't care to judge the family issues of other people. Or any of their decisions that result from that. I just wish them the best and hope things work out as best they can for them.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"