Valued Contributor

I always hear how QVC is working to get the attention and the dollars of Millennials.  Presenting clothes for what they think we like and wear.  Making their presentations all phoney with drinking wine and laughing and chit-chatting about inane stuff.  Hey, the thing is, we are not making that much money right now!  We are paying back loans and trying to build careers.  So like if you bring down your prices a bit, we might shop.  We're not rich you know.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The 30 plus crowd  are customers for the future. Your group will have more disposable income. When you make it they want a cut. 

Honored Contributor

Do they actually sell clothing that millenials would wear?

Regular Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

that's a good question.

Respected Contributor
I could see millennials liking AnyBody, Barefoot Dreams, Peace, Love, World and some of the Gili items, and the handbags, purses, and LUG bags. The more casual athlesisure lines. But they can find similar items elsewhere and at cheaper prices.
Honored Contributor

Re: Prices and Millennials

[ Edited ]

Millennial spending is not the future but rather it is here and now. Their population outnumbers boomers. Most of the millennials I know don't buy stuff from a TV shopping channel. They buy stuff online. For that reason I think TV shopping channels are not going to be around for very much longer...who's going to buy that stuff when the boomers are gone?

Honored Contributor

It's all heresay.

Respected Contributor

@Northray wrote:

I always hear how QVC is working to get the attention and the dollars of Millennials.  Presenting clothes for what they think we like and wear.  Making their presentations all phoney with drinking wine and laughing and chit-chatting about inane stuff.  Hey, the thing is, we are not making that much money right now!  We are paying back loans and trying to build careers.  So like if you bring down your prices a bit, we might shop.  We're not rich you know.

@Northray , as a retired person, I was once where you are. You’re on the right track giving priority to paying off your loans and advancing your career. Stay focused and if possible try not to be tempted to purchase stuff you don’t really need. Honestly, that stuff really doesn’t make you happy anyway.

Paying your loans back promptly will free up money so you can sock it away for retirement. There are so many ways that extra money can be made to work for you and therefore increase over your working years. When you get close to retirement you will be SO glad you stayed the course!  

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Millennial spending is not the future but rather it is here and now. Their population outnumbers boomers. Most of the millennials I know don't buy stuff from a TV shopping channel. They buy stuff online. For that reason I think TV shopping channels are not going to be around for very much longer...who's going to buy that stuff when the boomers are gone?

You hit it!

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I've bought a few things, mostly jewelry and shoes are my thing.  And shoes are sooooo expensive.  But I can assure hi-lo hems and the big flower prints or big prints at all are not something I see on campus, lol.  Also clothes that look like you're trending too hard, such as Peace, Love, W. is a big no.  It's gotta look like you did it yourself not like you bought it, lol.  It's a trick.     

-Rumi