Honored Contributor

Re: Price of mailing packages

@bonnielu wrote:

I have a big box to mail to a friend.  She is going to sell what I send her.  It is clothing.  She sells on Ebay and my impression is it would help her financially.  Not totally sure but it is what I am thinking.  This box is large and 20 pounds and she lives across the country.  I had the shock of the month going to the post office to mail it and later calling UPS.  Price   $68 to mail.  My question have any of you tried finding someone to actually transport the package by car who is traveling there anyway? 

Are there any other options to he  major mail carriers?

I do a similar thing, that is not cost effective for sure,  she is better off going thrifting 

Valued Contributor

Could you just list the items for her, using her account, and fulfilling the sales from your own house.  The items may not sell, and you would only have the shipping for the items that sell?  Just an idea.

Honored Contributor

Greyhound bus but I don't think it's any cheaper.

@bonnielu

Highlighted
Super Contributor

It's a shame you didn't just donate the clothing for free and you spent almost $100 on shipping. SMH.

Respected Contributor

@TTerri wrote:

It's a shame you didn't just donate the clothing for free and you spent almost $100 on shipping. SMH.

@TTerri OP didn't spend anything on shipping as she did not send the package.

Super Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@TTerri wrote:

@TTerri OP didn't spend anything on shipping as she did not send the package.

You're correct. My mistake.

Valued Contributor

@bonnielu If she is going to profit from them, tell her the s/h cost and ask her to cover it or a portion.

Respected Contributor

t'sRe: Price of mailing packages

It's not just weight that factors into the cost.  It's the size and shape of the package, and also how you choose to send it.  First Class is going to be more expensive than Parcel Post (which I think is the cheapest).