Honored Contributor

Showing my ignorance: I thought there was a law or a it could be decreed that during an event such as this, it was illegal to price gouge...am I imagining this?

Yes, it's pretty cr@ppy. I have friends who faced this during Isabel and they refused to do business with those who did this after the event was over; many did... to the point one business went out of business (good).

Honored Contributor

To some, reasons mean nothing when opportunity(?) knocks to make money. It is sad, but at the same time I see many view "success" as the numbers on their W-2 form. Money has never or will ever be that important in my life.

Look around. We have many events in our city that attract thousands ot visitors, and big places like NY and LA? Prices for everyone go up, even in places you would not expect. If any big type of event is coming up, buy what you need ahead of time.

I see it, but many do not give it a thought.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Only one letter that makes these two words different:

GREEN

GREED

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Should procrastinators be required to pay double, triple or more?  Why should the price change just because people are buying today rather than last Monday?  They may be buying late due to circumstances beyond their control.

Living on the coast in an area prone to hurricanes you would expect common sense to reign and by that I mean having supplies to survive during a natural disaster. You can call it procrastination but I'll call it exactly what it is: Stupidity.

There is not one reason why one can not have basic necessities in the house anticipating such an event. Purchase some tuna fish once a month. Spend the few dollars for bottled water and tuck it away until you desperately need it. Do a little at a time so the burden (if you have trouble with money) won't be as great all at once.

The weather event did not just manifest today. It's been in the Atlantic for a while now. Correct me if I am in error but is it not the federal government advising people to always have three days of supplies on hand for emergencies?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

GREEN

GREED

Only one letter makes these two words different:

GREEK

GREET

BREED

GREED

FREED

GREED

CREED

GREED

TREED

GREED

What's your point?

Respected Contributor

I can't even.......respond again to this thread....... 👊🏻😡

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

GREEN

GREED

Only one letter makes these two words different:

GREEK

GREET

BREED

GREED

FREED

GREED

CREED

GREED

TREED

GREED

What's your point?

Huh??  Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Showing my ignorance: I thought there was a law or a it could be decreed that during an event such as this, it was illegal to price gouge...am I imagining this?

Yes, it's pretty cr@ppy. I have friends who faced this during Isabel and they refused to do business with those who did this after the event was over; many did... to the point one business went out of business (good).

@SahmIam no you are correct, governors do have the power to make price gouging illegal during crisis. Fl gov had already did that earlier and has a team out already giving citations and a hotline setup for people to report. Two weeks ago Tn gov set a gas price limit during the pipeline leak. Haven't heard if anyone tried to be cute and go above that price.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

GREEN

GREED

@Plaid Pants2,

I was responding to the op with my thoughts about the gouging and how greedy it sounds when it comes to money.  To me greed is often times associated with, but not necessarily equated to, money.

Honored Contributor

We all know price gouging is a no, but is it against

the law to limit the # of items purchased?