Respected Contributor

This topic comes up all the time. I have always said it costs to shop. Your intrinsic value of something may be far different than mine.

I do alot of on-line shopping. I can do it when ever I  want, in my jammies, no make-up etc. I am not wasting my precious hours trudging from store to store, trying stuff on that a bunch of others have tried on, no messy fitting rooms, no crabbed out employees or lack of them.

I save on gas and car wear and tear.

It works for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I have posted through the years that I am so grateful for taking a Clothing textiles class at college.  You do learn about fabrics and how they are made and used.  All the polyester (no matter what they call it today) is made for penies.  It still is today.  Why the outrageous prices?  You can figure that out all by yourself. 

Apparently people on this board can't figure out that polyester at these prices is a rip off. It is ALL made from extruded plastic for mere pennies as you said. And it can't possibly breathe - it is plastic. When people here say there are grades of polyester and ntheir favorite designer uses a better grade I just SHM - plastic is plastic and polyester is polyester ! But you know - posters here have their addictions to certain vendors and no amount of telling them facts will deter them.

Respected Contributor

I always have bought my clothes online.  QVC used to be for my "cheap" clothes.  Now the Q clothes cost as much as my quality catalogs, so I buy everything from there.

My analysis is that relative to the online market, QVC clothes cost too much. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's a sign of "old age."  I'm noticing higher prices everywhere.  I'm old enough to remember when I could live on a modest wage and I wonder now how I did it.

There was a time when apples were the most affordable fruit in the produce section.  Last week I was at Costco and a package of Honeycrisps -- not even a dozen apples -- was $16.97.  Three bucks a pound.  Better-half checked the prices at the grocery store and they were just as high.  I ended up with Ambrosias at $2.50 a pound.  Every variety is suddenly much higher in price.  Heavens, I don't want to spend the rest of my life with Red Delicious so I may have to give up something else.

An apple a day help keeps the doctor away.  Now an apple is an investment.  They might be keeping retirement away.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I have posted through the years that I am so grateful for taking a Clothing textiles class at college.  You do learn about fabrics and how they are made and used.  All the polyester (no matter what they call it today) is made for penies.  It still is today.  Why the outrageous prices?  You can figure that out all by yourself. 

Apparently people on this board can't figure out that polyester at these prices is a rip off. It is ALL made from extruded plastic for mere pennies as you said. And it can't possibly breathe - it is plastic. When people here say there are grades of polyester and ntheir favorite designer uses a better grade I just SHM - plastic is plastic and polyester is polyester ! But you know - posters here have their addictions to certain vendors and no amount of telling them facts will deter them.

ITA.  I always enjoy the posts that insist that the Polyester "their" designer uses is better polyester than what someone else uses.

Esteemed Contributor
I try on everything I buy. No way I'll buy online unless I'm familiar with a brand and know the fit. I've never heard of the brands that QVC sells.
Esteemed Contributor

You are paying higher prices because of all the $ we have printed since 2008. Stimulus, they call it.

We won't raise interest rates because we can't afford to.

Imagine your cc w/a $19T balance going to a default rate.

I think Venezuela has hit 547% inflation this yr.