Honored Contributor

It's raining again, which I love. If you're a pluviophile like me, you might even have rain recordings to help you sleep (or just occasionally enjoy).

Ever since I had my single pane windows replaced with double pane (years and years ago), I no longer hear rain on the roof. I do still hear it splashing through the downspouts, a sort of hollow, metallic sound. 

I hope you all love rain sounds. 

I couldn't find the exact sound I'm hearing on Youtube, so will just give you a random Google image: 

5 Tips for Silencing Noisy Rain Gutter Downspouts

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Lovelies,

@cowboy sam, Wishing you a good doctor’s appointment today.  Not fun, as you know.  Always hopeful, and I know how hard you try.  You sure do walk quite a bit.

Of late, I got my #1 shingles shot, COVID booster shot, and high test senior flu shot.  Fortunately, no bad side effects.  My annual exam is in January.  Maybe I will get #2 shingles shot before, one less thing I will get hit with.  Such fun.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

just me and my knife and 4 fingers - just joking

Wait . . . @Yahooey  you used a knife to beautifully slice all of those apples (says one who has always had terrible knife skills envy)? . .  . sigh . . . I will be sleeping with my OXO Handheld Mandoline under my pillow tonight . . . Smiley Very Happy

Gosh that tart is just gorgeous, good on you my friend! Heart

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon Preds and Preds very special friends: Look what I was up to : 81DA357A-BE76-475D-ABE2-179230D10368.jpeg

As you can see the pan had several scratches. The one for my friend has no scratches on the inside and is green instead of yellow. I found on line a recipe for 7 UP pound cake using a cake mix. I didn't have the 7 UP but used ginger ale. Cake baked in 35 minutes . Mine is not the beautiful yellow golden brown that you see in magazines. Considering that I am very slow  it was easy to get the ingredients out and mixed and in the oven within 30 minutes. The recipe called for a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding. Since DH doesn't like lemon - I used a yellow butter cake mix and vanilla pudding. The recipe included ingredients for a lemon glaze. I decided not to make a glaze. The cake is still warm and not tried it yet. Hope it is good because I like simple and easy recipes. I will let you know later how it taste.❤️🤗

Edited to add: Darn should have added some vanilla flavoring. I bet the lemon is really good. DH not complaining just happy to eat cake. But considering everything that happened this week not bad.

Honored Contributor

dear predsHeartand friendsHeart

I made it to dr. office and back but tempature was only in the 40's  and i had to walk slower and use my cane!  I will say the cold air gave  me pain in my butt!  Smiley Sad

Hmmm my bp cuff  for the" wrist "is the wrong thing for taking my bp!...i now am being told i need to buy one for upper arm! sigh..

My sinus/allergy headaches and sore head/neck  mostly  from my arthritis in neck instead...we dicussed what might help me.

Good news next appointment   not for 6 more months   instead of 3!!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I wish i had a piece of your cake  right now  Heart

Daughters "Christmas gift"of new anuschuka painted hobol med. bag  was delivered today...and i had to open it up,it's very pretty with desert catcus,etc on it.If she thinks its to small for her ...its mine!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

Oh, think we all need to go and help @loveschocolate    and keep her m/i/l away from her house!

Gather up all the dogs,cats,apacas,bunnies,birds,flying insects,birds, hells angels,frankinstein,godzella,etc....we need to go on a road trip!

lubs ya!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Hope you feel better soon. I wish you could take the Andrew Lessman: Turmeric 400 Curcumin. It has made a difference for me. Currently on sale this month on HSN with free shipping.❤️🤗🥤🥤

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Sending you a piece of cake ASAP. DH can't stop eating it and asked for another cake. I gave him a look and he replied what about the chocolate Candy. My reply: The Candy was shared with you.

Glad the beautiful bag was delivered early.🥤🥤🥤🤗🤗❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

i am taking

Qunol Extra Strength 

Turmeric 

curcumin complex

Ultra high Absorption

1,000 mg, 

60soft gels

hydro-soluble technoogy..non gmo,gluten free,

"free"