Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate 

I'm sorry about your brother.  I hope he starts to feel better and better every day.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Your coffee bar is so cute.  I love it!

Kohl's has the Keurig Duo on sale for $189.  That's way more than Wal Mart.  

Honored Contributor

For anyone interested, this is my mom's biscotti recipe:

1/4 pound plus 4 TBL's butter

3/4 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 TBL vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 TBL vegetable oil 

1-2 cups nuts (as desired)

Cream butter, gradually add sugar, add an egg one at a time, add vanilla.  Mix well.  Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Gradually add into butter mixture.  Blend in oil.   Blend in pecans.  

Divide dough into 2 equal portions.  Shape each portion into an 8 X 2 inch loaf.  Place loaves about 4 inches apart onto lightly greased, floured baking sheet. (I use parchment paper instead)

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Cool slightly, and then slices loaves diagonally into desired thickness.    Turn slices on side and return to oven to toast.  Bake 5 minutes on each side.  Depending on how toasted you want them, you can adjust the time.  

I've made them with chocolate chips, almonds, pistachios, dried cranberries, even dipped them in chocolate.  

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I feel like I've been chasing my tail all day long.  I've had to deal with so many little unexpected things today.  

My daughter lost a super tiny gold heart  charm today.  She's been very upset and looking all over for it.  I've been praying to St. Anthony for it to show up.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, considering all that's going on in the world right now.  But it's still upsetting.  

@Bri369 

i sure hope the charm is found...i somehow lost or missed placed a ring this week.

I understand getting upset over things..but sometimes they are right in front of me  and paying attention..sigh..will blame it on being lost on my couch..but??

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Dear preds Heart  and friendsHeart

@Bri369 @Yahooey @loveschocolate @SouthernBee @dex @MyShadowLove @Drythe @Mj12  and all other friendsHeart

Just got back from walk w/neighbor lady,soo humid out!

I had to change clothes and my top of my head is so yucky...and my head buzzing.

So need a cool glass of water and allergy pill!

Wish it would rain as its getting darker outside.

Lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate : Praying for your brothers speedy recovery.🙏🤗❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 : Thank you for the recipe. Relieved to know that no special pan is needed.❤️

@Bri369 wrote:

For anyone interested, this is my mom's biscotti recipe:

1/4 pound plus 4 TBL's butter

3/4 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 TBL vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 TBL vegetable oil 

1-2 cups nuts (as desired)

Cream butter, gradually add sugar, add an egg one at a time, add vanilla.  Mix well.  Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Gradually add into butter mixture.  Blend in oil.   Blend in pecans.  

Divide dough into 2 equal portions.  Shape each portion into an 8 X 2 inch loaf.  Place loaves about 4 inches apart onto lightly greased, floured baking sheet. (I use parchment paper instead)

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Cool slightly, and then slices loaves diagonally into desired thickness.    Turn slices on side and return to oven to toast.  Bake 5 minutes on each side.  Depending on how toasted you want them, you can adjust the time.  

I've made them with chocolate chips, almonds, pistachios, dried cranberries, even dipped them in chocolate.  

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Cool off and rest. Hope you will be feeling better soon.🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️🥤🥤🥤🥤

Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam 

Thank you!  Still looking.  I hope you find your ring. 

It's very cloudy here.  I have all the windows open.  It's 72 degrees, no humidity.

Lubs ya Heart