Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Totally understand. When ever you are available for the vacation: I have a large piggy bank that is full and will be glad to give it to you for the vacation because you have so graciously like so many other posters have helped us. Plus when the construction project is finished: you will need a vacation. Just extra trouble dealing with the coins to get them counted and taking to the bank. Tried to just put quarters in the piggy bank.😀

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

ummm.... excuse moi 

@MyShadowLove @cowboysam @geezerette

@SouthernBee 

how did i get elected to plan a vacation?

me in a teeny tiny place - if i want a vacation at this time

i stand in my newly tiled bathroom and spin around

dat is where the $$ went

and if i want to dip my toe in water 

i will run that bathtub once is finished 

lol

shadow is building homes for her birdies and Mr Hobo

she can find space for all of us

@Yahooey ...It's all @cowboy sam 's fault!..lol

Ooooh, it sounds like things are moving along very nicely with your renovations...How much longer before you and Zoe can relax and enjoy your new surroundings?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

morning @MyShadowLove @SouthernBee @cowboy sam @geezerette 

reno is moving along - slower than i want it but what i can see - i like

when i was a little kid - i had a glass pig and i would put coins into it

there was no plug - just a solid glass pig - i dont know what happened to it

fast forward - i'm an adult - saw a sold glass pig with no plug at a store similar to Woolworth - a catch all store

I filled it up with only quarters bc i'm an adult - no nickels pls

it has been filled to capacity - it is very heavy - i'm sure there are a few hundred dollars - bc a roll of quarters is 20.00 

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 11.19.12 AM.png

Honored Contributor

my weater is not as warm as @SouthernBee  so i will have to wait until mid May to transfer all my teenagers - no longer baby seedlings

these are al my maters

i have already put 2 aside for niece's balcony

there are still too many - i only want 10-12 plants

may ask pancake when it can go outside in the dirt

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 11.22.40 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...I love your glass piggy bank and your daffodils are gorgeous...They look like double daffodils?

When do you start your tomato seedlings and how long do they take to germinate...I've seen the humidity domes with grow lights...Are you able to put the plants outside in the sun now when the days are warm even though you can't plant them yet?

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

i have a 72 cell - seed starter tray

if i knew now - i would buy the smaller 36 cell tray

i only used 18 cells

there are 2 trays to fit in a larger tray with clear lid

all are flimsy plastic

here are my notes - they will go outdoors into ground around mother's day

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.34.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.32.40 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey 

We used to have a piggy bank like that too!  And another that had a little color but you could still see what was inside.  Incentive to put in more!🐷

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

I heard about the storms coming through in your general area.  I hope you're okay.🤞

Lubs ya.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...What a great variety of tomato plants...Yummy!...I love Tomatoes...Thanks for posting the info on your planting schedule...I think, when I head to our garden center next week, I will pick up a tomato plant (cherry tomatoes) and put it in a planter...I have the perfect spot where we get lots of sun in our backyard...I'll place it right outside our glass sliding doors from dining area....It will be a fun project for the season!

@cowboy sam ...I'm thinking of you and hope that you are feeling better and can enjoy the weekend...I do understand how difficult it must be for you dealing with such worry and stress about both your son and daughter...I wish that you had someone to reach out to for support and nurturing for yourself during this time...We all need a safe comforting haven throughout our lives and, at times, it isn't always there...We are here for you! 

@SouthernBee ...Thinking of you also...I'm happy to read that you will be able to stop the Prednisone this week as it is my understanding that it is a powerful steroid and can cause some bad side effects...Hopefully, you will start to feel some relief from some of your symptoms...Perhaps the Prednisone was exacerbating some of your issues...When do you see your Dr. again? 

@geezerette ...Now I want a Glass Piggy Bank  (pink of course) and it's all because of you and @Yahooey ...One year, at an Arts & Crafts Show, my husband and I saw a cute wood & brass coin bank, styled like a safe, combination lock and all, so we picked it up...I love Arts & Crafts shows....They have such creative and imaginative craftspeople from all around the country and we have bought such lovely items to decorate our home.

While I'm rambling here, I am reminded of when I first noticed your Avatar (Troll) and we shared our love of them and our personal stories behind them...Do  you remember that?

Okay everyone...We are having a rainy and cloudy start to the weekend here...My Hobo sends lots of Purrrs and our precious bird "squatters" send lots of Tweets!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

i decided to be a personal shopper and looked up glass piggy bank

a bunch came up - vintage anchor hocking 1950s bank

i bought mine new as an adult - maybe late 70s or early 80s

they cost $25 or $30

they photograph the pig every which way but not how to see how it is anchor hocking

so i turned my piggy over and lo and behold

this is what u photograph - a lil anchor

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 4.12.45 PM.png