Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I also wrapped all my daughters gifts today  and put them into her Christmas stocking...treats-2 bags of baked apple chips,

3 expensive key chains for her Anuschka purses,

several pairs of earring,

Not in stocking..  box  of pistachio nuts,and 3 other gifts.

I've been napping off and on today  and hope i sleep in bed tonight like on couch!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

& All Preds' Friends...

Funny_Good_Morning

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...Ouch, I feel your pain!...About four or five years ago, I got hit with Plantar Fasciitis...I had been sitting with friends in our living room and went to get up and immediately felt a sharp pain on the heel of my right foot...I thought..."what the heck"...and examined my heel and it looked fine...After a few days of hobbling around, I decided to go to a Podiatrist and she sent me for physical therapy...I went about two times a week and also did exercises at home faithfully...I don't recall how long it took...not really all that long...and my foot completely healed...I haven't had a problem since and I make sure that I have good arch support in all of my footwear.

I found a good link that clearly shows some of the main exercises that I was given, as well as massage treatments while in physical therapy...Scroll past the videos and you will see a descrption of each exercise with a picture...I'm also postig a couple of products suggested by my physical therapist...I loved the ball exercise the best as it felt so soothing and the "Strassburg Sock" keeps your foot gently flexed while sleeping and aids in healing.

If you continue having problems, please go see a Podiatrist, as the physical therapy was such a big help for the healing process.

https://foothillsrehab.com/blog/best-plantar-fasciitis-exercises-stretches

The Strassburg Sock Night Splint

Plantar Fasciitis Massage Balls
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

my SIL has plantar *^%# and i don't knw what that was except she is in pain sometimes

FF a year later and i devleoped this pain but i never associated name with it as it comes and goes and i never saw a doctor

Wednesday - i was on my feet for hours and then Thursday ditto

Friday - i just didn't move except microwave leftovers 

when foodie neice mentioned - comve over and hang with me yesterday - 

i told her that bc I was on my feed for many hours - my foot hurts

she said she had plantar *&^$#$ and i finally looked it up

she said the ball helped and now painfree and she will loan it to me

i took it along with leftovers - gonna be proactive...

looked at many stretching videos

thank you for caring and sharing

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 2.10.37 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...Okay, good to read that you are going to be more "proactive" about it, as you don't want to end up with a more serious foot issue...Another exercise I just remembered and is easy to do throughout your day...walk for a few minutes every now and then on your tiptoes, as this also stretches the area...You can do this wherever and whenever...Zoe can also get involved by letting you pet her with your foot! Cat LOL Heart

I am so impressed with your Thanksgiving celebration and the wonderful spread at  your "foodie niece's" home...then yourThanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Eve...and yet another dinner on Thanksgiving Day!...Wow, that's a lot of eating...lol...I have to ask, since  you mentioned that Saturday was your "traditional Thanksgiving"...is that to mean that it was just for your immediate family?...Do you do this every year?... I hope that you are relaxing today and enjoying the leftovers!

We are roasting a lamb roast today and will have mixed vegetables and stuffing with it and I have to have my mint jelly with it too!...My husband prepared it with a little help from me and It is smelling yummy already as it is roasting...This is the only thing we've done today as we got home late last night so we are just having a relaxing, laid back day, although I'm always fussing around with one thing or another.

Take care of  yourself and do those exercises! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate ...What did you end  up doing for Thanksgiving Day...went to the Lodge with your husband...or hitched a ride to Ohio with @Mj12 or...?

@Yahooey  wants to know!  Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam ...Wow, you have all of your Christmas shopping and wrapping taken care of already...You are way ahead of me, although we don't really do as many gifts as we did in the past, as the family grew and we all just agreed to limit the gifts as time went on...We will be doing our Christmas Tree and also decorating our lamp post this week and I put battery-operated candles in some of the windows...Love the ambience of Christmas!

@SouthernBee ...So relieved for you that  your refrigerator is finally repaired and working okay now, so you can rest  your mind regarding that, at least...It sounds like you and your husband had a lovely, relaxing Thanksgiving Day which you really needed with all that  you have been dealing with...Now, hopefully, you can enjoy getting ready for Christmas.

@geezerette ...Good for you having a Pizza & Ice Cream Thanksgiiving Day and just chilling out...I loved reading how everyone celebrated their Thanksgiving in their own unique personal way...These past four days just seem to have flown by so fast!

@Bri369 ...Your dinner with your family sounds lovely and delicious... We had seven also in our small gathering in NY and a few dessert guests afterwards which made it 12...It was our first Holiday family gathering since Covid.

@Mj12 ...I was wondering how long of a drive it is for you to Ohio?...I hope all went smoothly with traffic...We did good with our drive to NY....came across the usual expected traffic but nothing that held us up, as we left pretty early just to be sure.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend! Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey 

I'm sorry about your feet.  I know that is a very painful condition.  Sometimes it resolves on its own, doesn't it?  I do hope the ball helps.  

You're very brave to have 2 Thanksgivings.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam  and @SouthernBee  are wrapping already?  You're very ahead of me.  I'm still shopping.  LOL

I did find a lot of good deals between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  

Just finished decorating and putting everything back.  Still have some cleaning up to do.