Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey 

Sorry you decapitated your tomato!  

No, Hummingbird Mint (while a minty smell) flowers and attracts butterflies and hummingbirds. QVC sold a 4 pack from Cottage Farms and those are doing OK because they are getting morning sun.

However, I also bought some plants from Rare Roots online and those are the ones being consumed.  I suspect the area I put them does not get enough sun and the slugs, etc. are having a picnic.

I should know better to try to grow anything.  I only bought them because the deer won't eat them, but everything else apparently finds them irresistible.

Very discouraging but it's what comes from living in the woods.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I'm waiting for washer to stop and then put sheets into the dryer then walking my 5 blocks!

I was outside earlier to put letter into mailbox to be picked up by mail delivery lady,then took 2 neighbors garbage and recycling bins to their houses for them. 

They are put next to my driveway for garbage'recycling drivers to  pick up .

Good luck tommorrow on getting dishwasher fixed, my c/a check up will have to wait another month as daughter stopped by yesterday needing help to pay a few bills..she wants/needs to return to work as soon as she is released by her dr.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

@Witchy Woman @Yahooey @Bri369 @Drythe @geezerette @qualitygal @Mj12 @PamfromCT @loveschocolate @SouthernBee @NEvans2 

gasp,poor @Yahooey    will you tomato plant grow another one???

Long story short neighbor gave me a folwer to plant, well for a few years only leaves  no flowers!!!  I moved it a few times  and this year it decided to produce purple flowers!!Smiley Surprised

I am in shock ! It  must have liked this spring/summer weather.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

these tomatoes grow in clusters of 6 or 8 - so they are missing a sibling

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Drythe 

Eastern Shore is lovely! 

I'm in Southern Maryland, Charles County in a small town called Charlotte Hall.  

In the past I lived in Indian Head and Waldorf, and ended up here where we built our home.

No water near by other than a stream at the bottom of the hill Cat LOL

Although not the most beautiful area in the State, it is still rural in many spots and, after so many years, it's home.  I cannot imagine leaving.

@Witchy Woman  In 2020 I got my first vaccine in Charlotte Hall. I was so excited to find an appointment that I drove 1.5 hrs. I loved that area. Much better than the overcrowded suburbs I'm in. 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey look what I found on Chewy. A llama cat condo. Zoe (or Zoey) would love it! 

F19F071A-D8CB-4D1B-B0F3-A5FD56186948.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 

forget zoe - do they make them in adult size?

😍

Honored Contributor

Picked some Roma tomatoes early - they can ripen inside. Heirlooms are still on the vine. And picked a zucchini.

12E20AD3-AEBD-4336-B364-C3F2B25D4394.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Witchy Woman 

waving hi back to ya!

ai mizzes u here

you have a wonderful summer too

pls drop by and stay alwhile

Maryland - yum seafood

hello-there-waving.gif

9C087108-EF0B-4CAE-8854-948A262B0C52.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Yahooey look what I found on Chewy. A llama cat condo. Zoe (or Zoey) would love it! 

F19F071A-D8CB-4D1B-B0F3-A5FD56186948.jpeg

That is so cute!