Honored Contributor

@Bri369 : Looks like it. I still have my stash of regular jelly for my friend and her family in Alabama that made the request, but still giving as Christmas gifts for them. Of course I will keep a few jars for us.

@Bri369 wrote:

OmGosh @SouthernBee 

You're going to up to your eyeballs in jelly.  

I really like my new purse. So much easier to use and carry. DH really likes it. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Bummer. The anticipation of something different and then total disappointment. I don't think that I know about the flower pot salad- will research this.🤗❤️🥤

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Bri369 @Yahooey @loveschocolate @Mj12 

It was 89 degrees yesterday  and was glad i was in friends car and not walking !

Anything going on today exciting??  I stayed out of trouble while out yesterday.

I had a nice lunch yesterday while being w/my 2 friends....i ate food off buffet  a chicken breast,

small spoon full of cottage cheese,

a few pickled beets,

a very small piece of meat loaf 

and small amount of lettuce salad.

1 small chocolate cookie and small cup of strawberry flavored ice cream

and 2 glasses of coke.

Friend had flower pot salad with fruit..  she ate mainly the fruit and small amout of lettuce..

her dh had buffet also  and he didn't eat much either.

Food was good " but" they think its a bit far to travel for a meal...so back to the 4 ,or 12 mile resturants  for us!

No plans for me today other than get in the shower later!

lubs ya!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : My brothers beagle was bad about doing that and then would dash out of the room when everyone realized what happened.😳😀. My Mother always kept a can of room spray beside her chair😀.

@Yahooey wrote:

morning @Mj12 @Bri369 @GingerPeach @Drythe @Coquille @NEvans2 @dooBdoo 

@MyShadowLove @PamfromCT @loveschocolate @cowboy sam @SouthernBee 

tenor.gif

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I’m afraid you might be taken advantage of.🙁  I remember you being very tired after all that jelly making, and you did very kindly make extra batches.

You might remind them that this was their early Holiday gift!🎁

BTW - I just checked Amazon, they offer > 30 brands of pepper jelly at @ $10.00 and up.😉😉😉

Or, could you offer to let the others use your equipment and your recipe?  I thinking no one would take you up on it!😈

You are such a Sweet Person.♥️🤗

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe :Thank you. So true. The only person that I would trust with my jelly making equipment is my friend. The other person has borrowed stuff and not returned or returned stuff broken. My friend would help me make it but I do better in my kitchen without anyone. My friend would be in a hurry to make it and be frustrated with my need to take several breaks. I went on Amazon and read the jelly reviews. Many indicated not really hot and not a good taste. The next time that I go to Publix will see if they have any hot pepper jelly. Everyone likes mine because it is not real sweet and they can taste the peppers. I use the reduced sugar pectin and only use two cups of sugar. Friend said she noticed several recipes used 4 cups of sugar. This morning in Walmart purchased the last two boxes of the SureJell low surger pectin and the expiration date was May of 2023- it is getting hard to find at a reasonable price . They were out of all canning jars and no regular mouth jar seals.❤️

@Drythe wrote:

@SouthernBee 

I’m afraid you might be taken advantage of.🙁� I remember you being very tired after all that jelly making, and you did very kindly make extra batches.

You might remind them that this was their early Holiday gift!🎁� 

BTW - I just checked Amazon, they offer > 30 brands of pepper jelly at @ $10.00 and up.😉😉😉�

Or, could you offer to let the others use your equipment and your recipe?  I thinking no one would take you up on it!😈�

You are such a Sweet Person.♥️🤗�

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Drythe :Thank you. So true. The only person that I would trust with my jelly making equipment is my friend. The other person has borrowed stuff and not returned or returned stuff broken. My friend would help me make it but I do better in my kitchen without anyone. My friend would be in a hurry to make it and be frustrated with my need to take several breaks. I went on Amazon and read the jelly reviews. Many indicated not really hot and not a good taste. The next time that I go to Publix will see if they have any hot pepper jelly. Everyone likes mine because it is not real sweet and they can taste the peppers. I use the reduced sugar pectin and only use two cups of sugar. Friend said she noticed several recipes used 4 cups of sugar. This morning in Walmart purchased the last two boxes of the SureJell low surger pectin and the expiration date was May of 2023- it is getting hard to find at a reasonable price . They were out of all canning jars and no regular mouth jar seals.❤️

@Drythe wrote:

@SouthernBee 

I’m afraid you might be taken advantage of.🙁� I remember you being very tired after all that jelly making, and you did very kindly make extra batches.

You might remind them that this was their early Holiday gift!🎁� 

BTW - I just checked Amazon, they offer > 30 brands of pepper jelly at @ $10.00 and up.😉😉😉�

Or, could you offer to let the others use your equipment and your recipe?  I thinking no one would take you up on it!😈�

You are such a Sweet Person.♥️🤗�

@SouthernBee 

I have absolutely no doubt that your pepper jelly is excellent!

Just thinking about your time, health, and effort.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe : Thank you. I understand and appreciate your thoughts.🤗❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Lovelies,

Finally back here after being absorbed in many things.

Glad to read about everybody and love the cute pics.

Visit with GC went very well, and all had a good time.  Pretty soon it will be back to school.  All schools will be fully masked, so we hope for the best for all.

DD and SIL coming back from vacation at the Cape early due to the hurricane coming.  So glad to hear, as the traffic trying to get off the Cape will be crazy on Saturday.  Hope everyone affected by this storm will be ok.

Wish I had the get up and go of @SouthernBee!  And so many others here.  I do stuff, but take my time.  Was planning to go back to school shopping with DIL and kids on Monday, but we will see if the the storm or remnants interfere.

All my best to all Lovelies!  Stay well and safe.  Lubs to all!

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

uh..if you can't find more jars,...i would say..sorry but i'm unable to make you more jelly due to shortage of canning jars  at this time.

If so,,please do not feel guilty if you are unable to make more at this time.

Step back and relax ok?

If you continue at this pace all the fun of giving as gifts will be gone Smiley Sad

and you will not enjoy making anymore   jelly as it will become a chore and  and fun of gift giving is gone  and you will feel used.

lubs ya!   Heart

and want you" not be stressed" over others asking for more pepper jelly at this time.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."