Honored Contributor

Good Evening Preds and Preds very special friends. I have been busy researching for more birthday gifts and Christmas gifts. Lunch and visit with friends yesterday was wonderful and fun. I confess that I indulged. Lunch menu was hamburger steak, with gravy and onions, baked potato and water with lemon. The brown gravy was so creamy and smooth. I wish the cook would have shared recipes and tips. The hamburger steak was big  and thick but tender . My cooking recipe for hamburger steaks start out very big but finish cooking and only about three inches round.😳🤷‍♀️. Then friends insisted on going to a local bakery. Mercy- all the delicious looking items and very difficult choice. The friend treating the two birthday girls insisted that we make two selections. Didn't realize the owner was sitting in the corner watching us. Then asked ... birthday celebration. Friend explained two birthdays - one on the 29 and the other on the 30 th and because of everyone's schedule celebrating today. He asked if we ever tried the 7 layer bars and my big mouth - yes love them. He told the cashier to include 3 of the 7 layer bars and no charge. We giggled like kids and thanked him , the cashier and bakers. Our treats included cannoli (sp) - with chocolate chips ( me have never tasted them), the little vanilla cakes - Petit four cake something that I haven't enjoyed in years. We returned to my house to enjoy the treats and let my sick friend open her gifts. I started to make coffee for them and milk for me. My Mom always insisted that I drink milk while eating sweets and can't break the habit. Friends insisted on drinking milk. Yum loved everything and was expecting a stomach ache. Friend was very surprised and thankful for her gifts. After friends left- I called the bakery to thank them again and that everything was delicious. I wore my new long denim dress with my navy crocs and friends were excited to see me in something different and stated that I looked very good. Me happy because a much smaller size (16) but still need to lose a lot more weight. I ate less food today and made better selections. My birthday is next Friday. DH told me tonight that he has ordered me a birthday cake and that DH and his sister has planned to take me to my favorite seafood restaurant for lunch Friday.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@Drythe : Totally agree with you,🤷‍♀️😳😳😳

@Drythe wrote:

@cowboy sam 

😦

I’m still stuck way back on WHY did they leave the package 📦 on the sidewalk?

Please be very careful, you are very special to so many.  ♥️

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : It has been hot in my area but can't get the house temperature set comfortably or maybe just me. Cause like one minute - I am freezing and then burning up. I can't sit under a ceiling fan but normally stay in the den with the ceiling fan on in the living room. The central air thermostat normally on 72.😳🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Please continue to be careful because we love you. 🤗🙏I am a klutz but try to be extra careful and try to remember to keep the phone with me.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

you sounded like you had the most delightful day with ur friends

yum yum yum is all i can say about ur fudz

isn't it lovely when someone just does something kind?

and i lubs that u made the extra effort to thank the bakery again

i bet that made that gave them all the good vibes and makes good business sense

relax today 

we got the rains and 90 degree heat coming back mon/tues

Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam 

ai nose how u feels about packages on the sidewalk

i dont have a porch - driveway - front steps so i am directly on the sidewalk

which makes me very hesitant about mail ordering

there is a sign on my door that says - ring doorbell for package delivery

do they read? no.... 

thankfully - only once was a package dumped on the sidewalk

remember my garden hose from last year

but i have had packages missing - no note - had to walk to post office and check

do they even leave notes anymore?

only good thing is now you can track packages to you kinda know where it is

sorta kinder

take care friend and i'm glad ur son and grandson were able to help

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Thank you and totally agree. We are suppose to have partly cloudy weather for a few days and so tired of the daily afternoon or late evening showers.🤗❤️

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

you sounded like you had the most delightful day with ur friends

yum yum yum is all i can say about ur fudz

isn't it lovely when someone just does something kind?

and i lubs that u made the extra effort to thank the bakery again

i bet that made that gave them all the good vibes and makes good business sense

relax today 

we got the rains and 90 degree heat coming back mon/tues

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

ai maks u feelies awl bedda?

tumblr_mdbpf5kMez1rgfb0qo1_500.gif

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@dooBdoo : It has been hot in my area but can't get the house temperature set comfortably or maybe just me. Cause like one minute - I am freezing and then burning up. I can't sit under a ceiling fan but normally stay in the den with the ceiling fan on in the living room. The central air thermostat normally on 72.😳🤷‍♀️

@SouthernBee 

I'm the same..if i get the house nice and cool  then i'm freezing-  a bathrobe or a

blankie, around me     so my c/a is 72 is also my comfy temp..

.and in bedroom a ceiling fan is blowing down towards my face..then i have blankets on and up around my shoulders and near face...can't stand air blowing on me !   We can't win for losing  sigh

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."