Honored Contributor

GM Preds & Friends! Heart

I just gave my pup a bath and am now doing laundry.  Don't be jealous of my exciting life!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 : Can I please come play with your pup❤️? My day started with a trip to Walmart for groceries and pick up DH medicine. I had my new not so smart or accurate watch on. This really was a test for the step counter. Before shopping for groceries was walking all over WM . Looked for birthday cards, housewares, canning supplies and all over for groceries. Returned home and the grand total of steps 279😳🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ -really ? Was in WM for 1 1/2 hours ? Told DH the amount and then he replied : " Sounds bout right to me!!!!????😳🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. While at WM purchased replacement batteries for my pedometer. Oh .,.. the increasing grocery prices. Spent $132 and no meat was purchased. I need to finish putting the can goods and other stuff up and then start the laundry. Any one else having more fun?

Honored Contributor

afternoon @SouthernBee @Mj12 @Bri369 @cowboy sam @PamfromCT @momtochloe 

@MyShadowLove @dooBdoo @Bri369 @loveschocolate @geezerette @luvzchiz 

@NEvans2 @KaySD @Coquille @Drythe 

it felt like below the last few days - i have been in AC - but i heard it is in the 90s - going to cool down by 10 degrees and dropping starting tomorrow - the rains are a coming - but that's okay - haven't rained for a while

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 4.48.53 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 

did someone say pup? was that mentioned to ur closest friends?

need deets - pls and pics if u can

i'm not jealous of laundry but i think @SouthernBee was bc she is doing the same thing as not to be outdone

Honored Contributor

i'm jealous of both @cowboy sam @SouthernBee 

shopping and eating - and walking 200+ steps

i think the counter is low - no way 1.5 hrs = 200 steps

it is 200 steps - me trying to get out the door and that is walking around my home getting my stuff together 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Maybe let DH wear it for a while and see how it works on him...

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee  @Yahooey   I agree. That count can't be correct, for that period of time, if one is moving around. 

I had 2 watches that counted my steps and both didn't work. They didn't count the right steps when I was moving and it counted steps while I was sleeping. So........

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Lovelies,

Sounds like everybody staying cool.  We are inside, with AC on, not feeling like stepping outside.  DH does, to water plants.  Reading about @SouthernBee‘s baking makes me want to stay at Bee’s B&B.  I am a laundry nut.  Always washing something, every day.  Never tried counting steps.

Trusted Contributor

More fun? Certainly. Made my first trip to an Aldi store. Don't quite get what all the fuss is about--just another supermarket? Also waited in line for CostCo gas, as usual. Wonder how much of the minimal savings get burned up waiting to get up to the pump? Oh, and I almost got to the post office until I hit a huge traffic jam. So there's me.

Meanwhile, as for step counters, they are based on some great technology, but of course they are not really "counting" your steps. The software algorithms used by the smart devices vary a lot as well. I think the most we can expect is a reliable order of magnitude and enough consistency that you can see trends. They won't tell you 500 steps if you did 5,000, or vice versa. I even get step counts when I am doing sewing and crochet! But if they tell you 500-700 day after day, and you start to get 200 or 1,000, that's helpful info. Nothing magic about the exact number, really.

I don't know what they would have to do to be more accurate. Track you to the inch via GPS? Man, would that be creepy! 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Nope- me not jealous of laundry: me busy last week doing other stuff and forgot to do the laundry. Another fun thing to do today- pay bills but getting all this stuff off my list to enjoy the weekend 🤗❤️😁