Honored Contributor

@Mj12 : Relieved to know you are recovering and was enjoying your time to be treated extra special.🙏🤗❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

yes @Bri369 

there is a Mystic Pizza there althought we didnt eat there but saw a lot of gawkers even after all these years

@PamfromCT 

your day sounds amazing... spending time with ur family and Mystic is such a nice little village and getaway

i know when we were there - justing walking around and eating ice cream was nice and the views are serene - everything slows down

bet the laughing was loud and frequent 

who was louder - you or the kids? 

the weather has been so great the last few days

did u go for clam pizza or lobster rolls? oh, i miss lobster rolls but the summer aint over yet.... sigh

I went on a elementary school trip to the aquarium -

probably when it was shiny and new 

OMG - i goggled and it opened in 1972 -

so yeah, it was shiny and new

@Yahooey @Bri369, We didn’t go Downton into Mystic proper,  but Mystic Pizza is still there.  A sweet town with plenty of shops.  I had clams for dinner, DH fish and chips, and kids like their chicken nuggets.  Ice cream for dessert.  The kids were allowed to buy some stuff at the gift shop.  GD bought some glitzy earring and a bracelet, and GS picked out a necklace for his mother and a bag of pretty rocks for her.

They had returned from the Cape last week, and we had given some funds for special sweatshirts to bring back.  

We are not wealthy, but we do like to “give with a warm hand.”  We have a few other places we want to take them this summer, as school is out and the pandemic is under control here.  GS is vaccinated, but GD is too young.  It does make me nervous.  Our DD and SIL have taken kiddos to Newport and want to take them again this summer.  They do have activities, but no formal summer camp this summer.

They are enjoying their pup “Apollo.”  DS just told us pooch was named that because so many years ago DH worked on the Apollo Program in engineering, and I worked in the financial area of the program.  That’s how we met.  Married in 1966.  Through good and tough times, we stayed together.

Sorry for the book.  Like “This is Your Life.”  Oh, and Yahooey, the kids laughed louder than us.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 : On the road to recovery and a garden to enjoy. I love grilled zucchini and yellow squash and eggplant. About 10 years ago, on my patio had various items in 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottom. Tomatoes regular size and cherry tomatoes and hot peppers 🌶. For me- I preferred about medium size so they would be tender and not rubbery. Finally had to give it up because of  🐿 ! We tried everything like covering the pots with a tent made from plastic pipes and netting. I loved making pepper jelly and especially for Christmas making small gift baskets. Interesting that a friend yesterday asked if I still made pepper jelly because she wanted some. Have been looking at this and waiting for a decrease in price:5F6D001B-FFBB-4BD1-868D-4F0215D69519.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT : Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed reading about your wonderful day.😀🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Sounds  like you had a great new memory day with your 2 grandchildren  and husband.Smiley Happy

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

i love hearing your descriptive day  @PamfromCT 

that goes for eveyone - reading long chapter and verse is a treat for me

your GS sounds very special - for a 13 year old to think of his mom with a necklance and a bag of pretty rocks (i lubs pretty rocks and shells) - that is a boy raised right - many kids  me me me and what about me?

ur dinner sounds amazing.... ice cream - com'on - who doesn't love ice cream

how is sweet Apollo? tearing up the house withe his puppyness?

how exciting - the space program - a rocket scientist zoologist in our mist

i bought a space pen when i visited 1 of the museums many years ago - the one that can write upsdie down - lol dont really use it - but i always thought it was cool

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

raising my hand for a jar of homemade jelly or jam

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

So, Preds DD tagged her on a Facebook post. She got a tattoo on her wrist that said "Be Sweet" the other day. Her mama used to say that to her whenever they got off the phone with each other or left each other's house.

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Good morning Preds & Friends

@loveschocolate  I continue to be grateful that you share your memories and now current happenings that are going on with Preds and her family. 😇

What a lovely thing for her daughter to do in honor of her mother. That will bring a smile to my face every time I think of it. 👩‍❤️‍👩

You don't have to answer...but I hope you've thought about the advice Preds would be giving you regarding your not-so-dear MIL.

@Tique 

How can @loveschocolate report on currant happenings going on with preds  ???Smiley Sad

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Good morning Preds & Friends

@loveschocolate  I continue to be grateful that you share your memories and now current happenings that are going on with Preds and her family. 😇

What a lovely thing for her daughter to do in honor of her mother. That will bring a smile to my face every time I think of it. 👩‍❤️‍👩

You don't have to answer...but I hope you've thought about the advice Preds would be giving you regarding your not-so-dear MIL.

@Tique 

How can @loveschocolate report on currant happenings going on with preds  ???Smiley Sad

@cowboy sam  I did say "share your memories". That part was regarding Preds and the other "current happenings" was regarding her daughter.

Thanks for asking.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Dear preds Heartand friendsHeart

@Yahooey @SouthernBee @PamfromCT @Bri369 @Mj12 @momtochloe @LIG1 @dooBdoo @SouthernBee @MyShadowLove @JaneMarple @loveschocolate @pitdakota @Gooday @geezerette @KaySD @NEvans2 @masque @MickD @SoX @Coquille @dmod nj @luvzchiz @Justice4all @Hippiified 

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20