Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

See the source image

Honored Contributor
Dear ⭐️Preds⭐️ and Friends, @Yahooey, @loveschocolate, @cowboy sam, @SouthernBee@Cakers3@BeautyLver@geezerette@MyShadowLove, @Mj12, @momtochloe, @MickD, @Grand Happy, @Gooday, @Tique, @Hippified, @NEvans2, @Drythe, @Coquille, @Bri369, @masque, @dmod nj, @pitdakota, @JaneMarple, @Suziepeach, @LIG1@KaySD@SoX, @qualitygal, @luvzchiz, @dex@Reconnaissant@kittykatkay@Loves Purple@Lipstickdiva, @suzyQ3, @PamfromCT, @Justice4all, and to everyone who  has posted on this thread, added your lovely hearts, and who peek in from time to time, greetings to you.  

Way back in 2013 I chose a new siggy,
"He drew a circle that shut me out. 
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.

But Love and I had the wit to win: 

We drew a circle that took him in."
(by the poet Edwin Markham)
Preds was the first to notice.  She told me it had been one of her favorite poems, she hadn't thought of it in a long time, and she thanked me.   When something I shared touched her, delighted her, moved her, I was so happy, like a little kid who found a way to please someone special.   She always elicited those good feelings in others, so to be able to return the favor was a joy.  It made me dance inside!

We talked about the poem.   Of course poetry is always open to interpretation, but for us It spoke of the way someone might be inclined to push us away, push us outside their circle of acceptance, maybe because we were different or our views collided...  but that we still had the option to create our own circle that would welcome them in.
So characteristic of Preds -- she possessed a certain something that embraced everyone with magic, warmth, without judgment, without focus on our differences, and drew us all into her circle of love.

It was one of so many ways she changed us,
for the good,
for the better.   
Because we knew her. 
Part of⭐️Preds'⭐️ legacy of love.

Last year in the month of June, on the 21st, we had to say farewell.
All along the path to that day she never failed to ask about us, boost us up, lift our spirits, offer us humor.  
Humble, unassuming, beaming her starlight on everyone else, never wanted to occupy the spotlight herself.

My heart overflows with gratitude when I think about her.  
How lucky to know her for so many years...  
how blessed to be able to celebrate her light...  
and to celebrate her life...  
and to partner with each other, link arms with Love, and welcome others into our circle of life no matter what.
#WWPD...   Love is big enough and powerful enough to include everyone.
Thank you, (((⭐️Preds⭐️))), for my place in your circle.  I treasure it forever.  I treasure you forever.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
This song says it all.❤️
"For Good."

Please listen.
thanks...

(from the musical "Wicked")

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But
Because I knew you
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for
But then, I guess we know there's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter anymore

Like a comet pulled from orbit (like a ship blown from its mooring)
As it passes a sun (by a wind off the sea)
Like a stream that meets a boulder (like a seed dropped by a bird)
Halfway through the wood (in the wood)
I do believe I have been changed for the better
And because I knew you
Because I knew you
Because I knew you
I have been changed
For good."

Thank you ⭐️Preds⭐️.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It's impossible to believe it's been a year.  Time just flies  by now. I like what dooBdoo said, (all I read so far, I'll go back and read others).  Isn't it amazing what a friend to all she was, and what she shared with us, and laughed with us. Special lady.  Remember her with a big smile.  I will.   

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

the song ... so fitting...

ur words... so eloquent as usual

darn onions - 

ai lubs u otz ❤️

Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

in the middle of the night or way early in the morning - all is dark

i knew there would be a funny pic or a thought posted by our preds

like a kid getting a special treat

i hurriedly opened my laptop

and if she went missing for a day or 2 ...

a plate of bacon would be posted and there she is .... witty and charming

always made each of us feel special and putting our fears at bay

i missed her dearly... 

original.gif

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

It's impossible to believe it's been a year.  Time just flies  by now. I like what dooBdoo said, (all I read so far, I'll go back and read others).  Isn't it amazing what a friend to all she was, and what she shared with us, and laughed with us. Special lady.  Remember her with a big smile.  I will.   

@qualitygal   I am so sad.  I am embarassed to say this, but, until today, I did not know that Preds had died. Actually, It really came as a shock to me. I don't know how I missed this but I am so sorry that I did. She was a very special person.  I will miss her.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:
Dear ⭐️Preds⭐️ and Friends, @Yahooey, @loveschocolate, @cowboy sam, @SouthernBee@Cakers3@BeautyLver@geezerette@MyShadowLove, @Mj12, @momtochloe, @MickD, @Grand Happy, @Gooday, @Tique, @Hippified, @NEvans2, @Drythe, @Coquille, @Bri369, @masque, @dmod nj, @pitdakota, @JaneMarple, @Suziepeach, @LIG1@KaySD@SoX, @qualitygal, @luvzchiz, @dex@Reconnaissant@kittykatkay@Loves Purple@Lipstickdiva, @suzyQ3, @PamfromCT, @Justice4all, and to everyone who  has posted on this thread, added your lovely hearts, and who peek in from time to time, greetings to you.  

Way back in 2013 I chose a new siggy,
"He drew a circle that shut me out. 
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.

But Love and I had the wit to win: 

We drew a circle that took him in."
(by the poet Edwin Markham)
Preds was the first to notice.  She told me it had been one of her favorite poems, she hadn't thought of it in a long time, and she thanked me.   When something I shared touched her, delighted her, moved her, I was so happy, like a little kid who found a way to please someone special.   She always elicited those good feelings in others, so to be able to return the favor was a joy.  It made me dance inside!

We talked about the poem.   Of course poetry is always open to interpretation, but for us It spoke of the way someone might be inclined to push us away, push us outside their circle of acceptance, maybe because we were different or our views collided...  but that we still had the option to create our own circle that would welcome them in.
So characteristic of Preds -- she possessed a certain something that embraced everyone with magic, warmth, without judgment, without focus on our differences, and drew us all into her circle of love.

It was one of so many ways she changed us,
for the good,
for the better.   
Because we knew her. 
Part of⭐️Preds'⭐️ legacy of love.

Last year in the month of June, on the 21st, we had to say farewell.
All along the path to that day she never failed to ask about us, boost us up, lift our spirits, offer us humor.  
Humble, unassuming, beaming her starlight on everyone else, never wanted to occupy the spotlight herself.

My heart overflows with gratitude when I think about her.  
How lucky to know her for so many years...  
how blessed to be able to celebrate her light...  
and to celebrate her life...  
and to partner with each other, link arms with Love, and welcome others into our circle of life no matter what.
#WWPD...   Love is big enough and powerful enough to include everyone.
Thank you, (((⭐️Preds⭐️))), for my place in your circle.  I treasure it forever.  I treasure you forever.❤️

@dooBdoo  Just read your post about PREDS, through my tears. I've been crying for the past few days already. Your post, made me cry even more. It is beautiful!

TO ALL OF MY PREDS FRIENDS HERE (To many to name and you know who you are),

My mother is 95 and she fell again! I'm going to bring her home from the hospital tomorrow. I'm hoping to be here and at another post at 3:00 tomorrow, glass in hand to honor Cindy ( @Preds ). If I can't physically be here, believe me, I will be thinking about her all day and will be with all of you in spirit.

This is the time that I want to thank all of you for JUST BEING YOU,

STAY WELL AND WE ALL HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY and for PREDS!

I hope everyone's enjoying their day.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Peony Pink Hawaiian Coral

Preds will forever be in my heart Heart

Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

such a fun sweet video - enjoy

https://youtu.be/ba8mk3oqr1g

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 5.42.31 PM.png

@Yahooey 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

@loveschocolate  THANK YOU! THIS MADE ME REALLY HAPPY! Thank you again

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.