Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Just reading this wore me out and ready for another nap.Please be very careful when you are going to the basement with heavy water and laundry.🤗❤️🥓🥤🥤

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT : Yea- love the name - Apollo.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Enjoy your family time. Praying for good report on your doctor visit and test.🙏🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 : Totally agree. I prefer to spend my money on something else instead of Kleenex.😁🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee and MrSouthernBee - Happy Anniversary!! And so glad you were negative. 🎉 🎈 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 :Thank you. I know that PT is not fun but relieved that you are doing better.❤️

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@dooBdoo and all,

I've got no family news to report, but I think this may be good news! 

Yes, I agree, language is so tricky. It's a wonder any of us ever understand one another at all! And as you say, especially when we are anonymous. I have been so much appreciating the caring and generally upbeat nature of this thread. I've only discovered you all lately, but you have been so gracious and hospitable to me.

Well, we all face challenges and feel all kinds of feelings as our lives unfold, but there is such a powerful effect when we choose what to focus on and not let all that control us. It's worth the effort. And it's a lifelong project, minute by minute. Isn't that great? There is no limit to how much I can contribute to my own happiness and wellbeing. And I love it that  it always starts with where I am right in this moment, not some place I tell myself I wannabe or shouldbe. 

So thanks again to all for your good wishes. I'm sure it makes a difference to my family. I know it does to me. Seriously. And my best wishes right back! Or as some of you say, lubs ya. 

I hope things are improving, @KaySD.   

Wow, so much wisdom packed into your post.

Sometimes I think we gradually fall into focusing on the negative, or perhaps we do that as a release, a vent, to let off the steam built up from other sources, some we're aware of and others that might be subconscious. 

It can happen so gradually that we might not even notice until - bam - we're dwelling in pessimism, or snarkiness, or a dark cloud. 

For certain, there are times when we have loss, sorrow, or other challenges that wear away at us and we can't always overcome that.   

I marvel at the obstacles I learn about that our fellow posters have faced and walked through with such courage and power.   They don't realize that they are warriors, beacons of hope, people who are an inspiration to me and to others.

Best wishes and continued prayers for you and your loved ones.❤️

@dooBdoo 

So true--we do fall into focussing on what we DON't want instead of what we DO. I knew someone very wise who always said, "Worrying is the most efficient way of getting what we don't want." 

For me, choosing what to focus on is something that happens one moment at a time. You might even say, one breath at a time. It only gets to be a habit to an extent. But the opposite is always there to be triggered. 

What I try to remember to tell myself is that any voice in my head telling me negative things about myself, is lying to me, I often don't remember! Especially when things around me are difficult. But itI always feel better when I do remember, and isn't feeling better what I really want?

Reading your comment reminded me of a "happiness tips" quote I saved, from Karen Salmansohn, years ago: 

"Race car drivers know that you never look at the thing you don’t want to squoosh your race car into – because wherever you’re looking is exactly where your race car aims itself. So, if all you’re looking at are all the dangers and bad things that you could smack into, then those dangers and bad things will be exactly what you smack into."

Relationship expert Karen Salmansohn offers helpful relationship tools from metaphorical lessons learned from racecar drivers, stockbrokers, dog trainers, architects and then some! Dirt Track Racing, Drag Racing, Quotes To Live By, Life Quotes, Car Quotes, Relationship Quotes, Karen Salmansohn, Racing Quotes, Forgiveness Quotes

And, the wisdom of Corrie ten Boom: "Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” 
Easier said than done, I know...  depression takes hold of me so often and I have to fight my way out of it.  But borrowing from the wisdom of others, leaning on that sage advice and counsel, and remembering that positive affirmations work -- all these truly can be a lifeline.
Countinued good wishes to you and yours, @KaySD!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@dooBdoo

Its been a long, long time!  Glad to reconnect!

Yes!  @Justice4all, It has been a long time, and I've missed the connection, your warm heart, your compassion for others...  good to be in touch with you, my friend.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

PredsSmiley Happyand friendsSmiley Happy

Had a busy day yesterday...spent the afternoon at a grandaughters house w/her family and my oldest son an wife from Mo.

Today will also be busy...Dr.appt.at 9am but want me there @8:30 to see dr. at 9am...had to finish filling out last info sheet for wellness check up for Medicare  check up plus and  have regular check up and hear results from bloodwork  from last week.

Then this afternoon sometime will go back to gd house to spend more time with my oldest son (62 yrs old)  &wife.

I'll try to check back in later..if not Tuesday sometime.

lubs ya!Heart

I hope everything went well with your doctor visit, @cowboy sam, and that you enjoyed your time with your son and his wife.

lubs ya!❤️

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

my big excitement - es dis

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 1.25.59 PM.png

that's right - dont be jealous

5lb bag of unsalted peanuts 

it is hard to find unsalted for my friends

Spoiler
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 1.29.31 PM.png

Those are some fine friends you have, there, @Yahooey!  You have such a kind heart, all that careful shopping to get just the right thing.❤️