Honored Contributor

❤️❤️❤️ Apollo ❤️❤️❤️

@PamfromCT dis makes mai heart singz

Trusted Contributor

Leaf buds are a thing!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

Hello Lovelies, Enjoying posts and pictures from all.  What a great group here!

Someday gotta get DH to post a pic,  but he is busy then so tired.  Got sent a pic of Apollo, the tiny little pup, next to his new friend Layla, a small and sweet little ole lady dog.  Layla loves Apollo, and she looms large over him.  What she does

not know is that in a year Apollo will be the size of a little pony and weigh about 120 lbs.  I guess the kitties are ok with him, so far.  

Wuz worried about Layla, didn’t want her to feel displaced.

Worry, worry, one of my talents.  Think you girls do much better than me.

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@dooBdoo and all,

I've got no family news to report, but I think this may be good news! 

Yes, I agree, language is so tricky. It's a wonder any of us ever understand one another at all! And as you say, especially when we are anonymous. I have been so much appreciating the caring and generally upbeat nature of this thread. I've only discovered you all lately, but you have been so gracious and hospitable to me.

Well, we all face challenges and feel all kinds of feelings as our lives unfold, but there is such a powerful effect when we choose what to focus on and not let all that control us. It's worth the effort. And it's a lifelong project, minute by minute. Isn't that great? There is no limit to how much I can contribute to my own happiness and wellbeing. And I love it that  it always starts with where I am right in this moment, not some place I tell myself I wannabe or shouldbe. 

So thanks again to all for your good wishes. I'm sure it makes a difference to my family. I know it does to me. Seriously. And my best wishes right back! Or as some of you say, lubs ya. 

I hope things are improving, @KaySD.   

Wow, so much wisdom packed into your post.

Sometimes I think we gradually fall into focusing on the negative, or perhaps we do that as a release, a vent, to let off the steam built up from other sources, some we're aware of and others that might be subconscious. 

It can happen so gradually that we might not even notice until - bam - we're dwelling in pessimism, or snarkiness, or a dark cloud. 

For certain, there are times when we have loss, sorrow, or other challenges that wear away at us and we can't always overcome that.   

I marvel at the obstacles I learn about that our fellow posters have faced and walked through with such courage and power.   They don't realize that they are warriors, beacons of hope, people who are an inspiration to me and to others.

Best wishes and continued prayers for you and your loved ones.❤️

@dooBdoo 

So true--we do fall into focussing on what we DON't want instead of what we DO. I knew someone very wise who always said, "Worrying is the most efficient way of getting what we don't want." 

For me, choosing what to focus on is something that happens one moment at a time. You might even say, one breath at a time. It only gets to be a habit to an extent. But the opposite is always there to be triggered. 

What I try to remember to tell myself is that any voice in my head telling me negative things about myself, is lying to me, I often don't remember! Especially when things around me are difficult. But itI always feel better when I do remember, and isn't feeling better what I really want?

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey spring has sprung around here- and the speed of vaccination seems to be outpacing the virus---I hope!

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all 

i dont know where u are located - 

i'm in NYC - dreary rainy today but there are blooms

both my younger niece and nephew are schedule for the vaccines

1 got it yesterday and the other is getting it Thursday

the rest of my immediate family have been vaccinated

we are still being careful

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo

Its been a long, long time!  Glad to reconnect!

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey, went to the Botanic Gardens with the grandkids, beautiful-cherry trees in bloom, but not yet on the Esplanade, magnolias, and all kinds of beautiful flowers.  They are very strict-everyone must wear a mask! The rain will clean the air and bring more flowers!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!