Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@dooBdoo and all,

I've got no family news to report, but I think this may be good news! 

Yes, I agree, language is so tricky. It's a wonder any of us ever understand one another at all! And as you say, especially when we are anonymous. I have been so much appreciating the caring and generally upbeat nature of this thread. I've only discovered you all lately, but you have been so gracious and hospitable to me.

Well, we all face challenges and feel all kinds of feelings as our lives unfold, but there is such a powerful effect when we choose what to focus on and not let all that control us. It's worth the effort. And it's a lifelong project, minute by minute. Isn't that great? There is no limit to how much I can contribute to my own happiness and wellbeing. And I love it that  it always starts with where I am right in this moment, not some place I tell myself I wannabe or shouldbe. 

So thanks again to all for your good wishes. I'm sure it makes a difference to my family. I know it does to me. Seriously. And my best wishes right back! Or as some of you say, lubs ya. 

I hope things are improving, @KaySD.   

Wow, so much wisdom packed into your post.

Sometimes I think we gradually fall into focusing on the negative, or perhaps we do that as a release, a vent, to let off the steam built up from other sources, some we're aware of and others that might be subconscious. 

It can happen so gradually that we might not even notice until - bam - we're dwelling in pessimism, or snarkiness, or a dark cloud. 

For certain, there are times when we have loss, sorrow, or other challenges that wear away at us and we can't always overcome that.   

I marvel at the obstacles I learn about that our fellow posters have faced and walked through with such courage and power.   They don't realize that they are warriors, beacons of hope, people who are an inspiration to me and to others.

Best wishes and continued prayers for you and your loved ones.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Walking through to wave hello to all.

@NEvans2, have to tell you reading your post about your SIL ringing the bell just made my day!  What wonderful news!

@dooBdoo, good to see you  posting and hope you are doing well. Heart

I agree, @NEvans2's news is a celebratory event, a time to rejoice.❤️

A big wave and (((hugs))), @pitdakota!  Thank you!  Always such a pleasure to see you.❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hello Lovelies,

Another sunny day here.  DH and I took a long ride to the Ct shore yesterday.  To Guilford, where they have a huge and beautiful town green.  So New England, so close to the ocean.

It was the 10th anniversary of DH’s retirement.  Daffodils are out, but waiting for leaves to come out on trees.  

Stopped in a lovely shop, and I bought two fake stained glass littles for porch windows - a butterfly and dragonfly.  I lubes them and birdies - and angels - anything with wings.  How ‘bouts you gals?  What do you like?

What a lovely day, @PamfromCT!   I can almost feel the fresh spring breeze reading your description!   

I like stained glass.😊   I don't know why, but it fascinated me when I was a kid and I used to read about and draw designs of stained glass windows.   I tried my hand at it in college, "hands on," and I had no talent for it -- but still I remain enchanted with the jewel-like panes as they transform with different lights shining through.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

18188905-2183-4857-BDFB-B56D12206109.jpeg

Oh, lordy, @Mj12!   That really did make me laugh out loud!😅

Thanks!😀

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

9ED911D4-EEF9-417A-A8D8-9A76CEF61275.jpeg

@Mj12!❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

May be an image of text that says 'BRAIN AT 3am I can see you're trying to sleep, SO I would like to offer you a selection of every unresolved issue, memory, or things you should have said or done today as well as the last 30 years.'

It's incredible how that happens, isn't it, @Bri369!  

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Yahooey

You're always niceHeart

Amenz to datz!😻

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

morning @cowboy sam @Bri369 @Mj12 @PamfromCT @loveschocolate @Mj12 

@momtochloe @SouthernBee @Drythe 

dis pic makes me happi and danks to @dooBdoo fore introducking mi too her

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.26.12 AM.png

❤️ @Yahooey ❤️

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

Just came by to say hello

What a treat!  (((hugs))) @Justice4all!❤️

Hearts

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

The newest member of our extended family came home today.

Apollo, the Rottie pup, is now at his furever home with his new family.  A happy day for all.  I think DS and family are on Cloud 9.

Wishing all a happy evening.

How wonderful, @PamfromCT!   Welcome home to Apollo!