Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:         

Hi @SoX  I don't know what DS9 stands for......I googled and are you referring to Deep Space 9?  I've never watched Star Trek. Smiley Sad

@Mj12   you mean there are actually two of us? Here I was thinking I was all alone.  Just kidding. I do know a few more.

Rolleye smiley 2

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I cheated and bought a pre-made dinner from Whole Foods.  It has grilled chicken, roasted veggies and potatoes.   I'm over cooking too.  And I'm sick of cleaning the kitchen.  LOL

The amount of dishes is ridiculous.  My dishwasher is getting quite a workout.  It's probably going to just quit pretty soon.  LOL

I've been running mine at least once every 2 days now, sometimes every day. 

That is my least favorite chore - emptying the dishwasher.  LOL

And mine is running right now.  I think I told you once - in my dream kitchen I am going to have TWO dishwashers! 

@Mj12 LOL

I want a dishwasher for just glasses and silverware and one just for dishes.  I'm sure that exists. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@loveschocolate  You did.  @Preds did too. 

@Bri369 , still so funny! Going to pee my pants! 😝 

@loveschocolate  I've been reading through it too.  It stands the test of time.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

My sump pump is working nonstop ... but I still have leaks coming in all over the place in the basement.   All I can say about it is schitt!

Just finished breakfast (a little late I know) ... had some of our bacon, with grits and eggs ... and a slice of raison bread by Jimmy the Baker.   

You'll have to roll me out of the house if this keeps up!

@SoX  it's probably seepage. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@MJ12 

I think I  mentioned @Preds  as my Trekkie buddy,  but come to think of it, you and I are actually comrades-in-arms when it comes to DS9 -- or am I mistaken?           

Hi @SoX  I don't know what DS9 stands for......I googled and are you referring to Deep Space 9?  I've never watched Star Trek. Smiley Sad

@Mj12 

Okay ... so it is @Preds  who's my DS9 dudette!  Sorry you don't watch Star Trek ... you don't know what you're missing, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

My sump pump is working nonstop ... but I still have leaks coming in all over the place in the basement.   All I can say about it is schitt!

Just finished breakfast (a little late I know) ... had some of our bacon, with grits and eggs ... and a slice of raison bread by Jimmy the Baker.   

@Bri369  ... it is ... we need to have a water proofing company come in, but that's going to be so expensive.   My neighbor had hers done and it was over $7000, and that was about 5 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@Bri369  ... it is ... we need to have a water proofing company come in, but that's going to be so expensive.   My neighbor had hers done and it was over $7000, and that was about 5 years ago.

@SoX  It's very expensive.  Basements and water just make my stomach hurt. 

Honored Contributor
@Yahooey
tyvm will check them out now!
preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I've been away from this thread for awhile now ... for a lot of reasons I won't go

into .. none of which has anything to do with my love and admiration of our beloved host.

My heart is now completely broken.   My sister died ten days ago, my sister-in-law, who is in a nursing home, has tested positive for covid-19; and now one of my favorite people on the planet, virtual or real,  is in hospice. 

Preds was one of the first posters I met way, way back in the day.  Our love of sports and Star Trek blossomed into a real friendship ... she never once left my side when I clashed with other posters on the famous Viewpoints forum and here over racial and political tensions, even though my specific views may not have been hers.  In today's parlance -- she had my back.

She listened to me wax and wane, ad nauseam, over my two favorite artists ... Nat King Cole and Ella Fitzgerald ... I think I made her a fan, too.  I remember once playing a Willie Nelson song that made her so sad, I was so sorry I'd posted it that morning.  

And BACON ... oh my, we loved our bacon!  What pics we put up ... all of us!  I remember Nora Efrem once stating in an interview about her terminal illness ... what would she miss most.   She replied (and I'm paraphrasing here)  "I wish I'd eaten more bacon!"   Well, here on this thread we eat the bacon ... so no regrets there.

Ah, @Preds ... here's to you this morning ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UirvStkYY3c

@SoX, I am so sorry about your sister and hope the best for your sister-in-law.

And I am sad about @Preds having to go into hospice. I wish her peace.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
@SouthernBee

i ordered these just now from Amazon...tyvm
preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."