Honored Contributor

Re: Praying for all the people in Canada dealing with the fires

@Lilysmom

I am sorry about what your brother is going through. My thoughts and prayers for your brother and your family.  I feel compassion and kindness from those who contribute to the growing family of people wanting to help in any way they can❤️

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Lilysmom

I am sorry about what your brother is going through. My thoughts and prayers for your brother and your family.  I feel compassion and kindness from those who contribute to the growing family of people wanting to help in any way they can❤️

@Lilysmom, butterfly123 so aptly stated what I am sure many would like to say to your brother and others in this terrible situation.  These sentiments are mine as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the good wishes.  My brother fortunately did not own a home in Fort Mac.  Thankful for that.

They are now starting to look forward.  The good news is that important parts of the infrastructure were saved.  The hospital is intact and other municipal services, although not all of them.  

I am sure there will be a big rebuilding effort.  There is tremendous goodwill and intention which means alot.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Saying it's horrific, is like saying NY is a big city. Total understatement, but what are the words? 

I'm from Washington State. We love our Canadian neighbors, they're the best. 

So many prayers and good thoughts. At the same time, SO impressed with how they're responding and coping. Strong people!