Honored Contributor

Praying for all the people in Canada dealing with the fires

I read that some relief had came over the weekend due to the rain. The fires have caused so much loss and I pray for all those affected in any way. I also pray for those involved in search and rescue, the firefighters, the Red Cross and everyone involved in helping others. Lastly I pray for much more rain to further help extinguish the fires! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Praying for all the people in Canada dealing with the fires

@butterfly123

Your post is beautiful.❤️

Ive been praying for them too.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Hoping that all that have suffered such severe devastation have good home insurance policies.  The emotional scars will linger, but they need to regain a normal physical existence as soon as possible.  Could prove to be a boon for carpentry and remodeling industries. 

Respected Contributor

Many, many can't go back to work...these facilities have been swept up in the fire as well.  Are Canadian banks protected with FDIC?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

This tragedy is unbelieveable.  When this broke on the news, I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing & seeing.  Yes, I too pray for BIG break in the weather, much needed rain and no winds.

God help the neighbors to our North.  They surely need it.

Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie

Thank you🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Honored Contributor

Lovely, heartfelt post.  Thank you @butterfly123

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123, thoughtful post.  My thoughts & prayers are for those who have been effected by this "monster fire".  I know all too well how heartbreaking this is/can be.  Even after all this time, I can't watch the news cast for any fire.  It brings back terrible memories of the 2003 So. Cal. fire that took our home & destroyed our property.  Fortunately, even though we had no warning (the embers were carried by high winds) our family - human, furballs & feathered - evacuated just in time.  I do remember reading comments from others on the Forums, who had during their lives also suffered loss from various fires.

Esteemed Contributor

This fire is so devastating, I can't imagine all those homes being destroyed and all the people losing everything they had.  I know how frightening fires can be because when I lived in California we had many of them and I remember one that was so bad I thought the entire San Fernando Valley was going to go up in flames.  There was one that came close to my home and we were told to evacuate, very, very frightening.

I have a friend who lives in Rochester, Minnesota and he could smell the smoke from the fires in Canada.  My heart goes out to everyone touched by the fires.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123, I am Canadian.  My brother was among the evacuated.  There was an accident during the evacuation and two teenagers died.  So far, thank God, no other lives have been lost.

The response has been amazing.  I posted about this in the garden forum.  From Tuesday to Sat, $50 million has been donated to the Red Cross from our population of 34 million.  Workers in Fort Mac come from across the country so the impact is felt everywhere.  Fire is so devastating and so quick to move.

My brother texted me Monday night to say things were better.  They were evacuated Tuesday.  LM