Frequent Contributor

Re: Prayers For All In the Path Of Matthew!

Take care of each other and help wherever you can.  Prayers going out for all of you in Matthew's path.  Stay safe. 

Honored Contributor

Watching the coverage, Crazy! Seeing reporters in harms way. 😮😯
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TexasMom1@Sweet_Serenity@Bayside@Cakers3@nomless

If I missed anyone, I apologize.  I mentioned yesterday that I would return today for an update.   Well it is 3:30 and the storm has pretty much subsided for us who live inland.  Of course, it is still moving north and those folks will have to endure.

I do not live near the water so we are spared the devastation of those in Daytona, New Smyrna Beach and other beach towns.  Those areas have a lot of damage and my heart goes out to the business residents and homeowners.  Boats are capsized, piers are down and roofs blown off.  Flooding an issue.

I live 45/50 miles inland.  We had light rain all night and heavier rain and wind from 7 a.m.

At times there are strong gusts.  Right now it is windy and gloomy outside.

We did not have any damage to our home or yard.  Neither my son nor my daughter had damage to their homes.   

Edited to add:  Mersha, Cherry, Preds, Meallen616, Circles.  You did not come up with @ and I didn't want to miss you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heartfelt prayers for protection for everyone in the path of the storm.....also for pets/animals too!....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gmkb  Thank you for the update!  So glad you are safe.

I am concerned for our Floridian posters who haven't checked back and I know we have posters from Georgia and SC who are facing this storm, too.

Hopefully everyone can check in.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh