Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thank you all for your prayers, they are truly appreciated!

Fortunately my husband got decent severance pay that covered some months of salary and we have savings to get us through.  But we're at a point where we have to be super careful and it's tough just not knowing the future. 

Valued Contributor

Dear @busymom22  Many prayers, good thoughts and blessings to you and your family xo

Honored Contributor

Sending Prayers Your Way | Sending prayers, Paper smooches, Printable  prayers

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Respected Contributor

Sending positive thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Super Contributor

Re: Prayer please

[ Edited ]

I am grateful for this forum.  When someone goes through a time of unemployment that doesn't seem to affect others around you it can be tough because you feel like you just can't share how you truly feel. There's also a sense of "crisis fatigue". When people in my church ask how we're doing and I say DH still hasn't found a job I can see judgment in their eyes. They don't know what it's like to be in a field that has been decimated. In their eyes he should have found something by now.

And there's also a thing where I feel I need to protect my husband's dignity. If he feels humiliated and desperate it does not help with his confidence which in turn does not help with getting a job.  It's all interconnected.  Again, I appreciate prayers. It's a very lonely feeling being in this situation.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

@busymom22  I promise I'm not stalking you!LOL

We were in your position few yrs.back.

Oh,yeah all those looks.No one wants to put themselves in your shoes.Rather tell you a dozen times,shouldn't be THAT hard if he's really trying!

Guess what? Yeah it can be especially if you're older like my husband.

Even had a good friend say "Is he even trying?"No one wants to be near you for fear of catching it.

This is how hard we tried. Everyday in our notebook we went thru the yellow pages & my husband either filled out online or in person.The library had a computer you could use for 1 hour.

Saw  Indeed...it became our close friend every day.

Dollar G. wouldn't hire a decent worker on a bad day.Rather go thru 15 worthless workers than an older person with good work ethics.

So everyday this was our agenda.And guess what...no one called in 2yrs.Yes,we did everything we could think of& no avail so even the best laid plans can fail.

So I hope people can go easy on you even if they haven't been in your shoes.

Finally after nagging the temp service everyday till he bout drove the lady crazy,she sent him on a job.The first in 2yrs.

He is still there.Wears a uniform,steel toe boots, hot shipping department & back breaking work for 60 some yr.old with bad circulation.

He had a desk job before.

Hopefully in 16 mths , he going on S.S.&can hopefully kiss job good bye.

Sorry so long but I understand where you coming from & hope that I would be understanding if I didn't.

Super Contributor

@red&curly wrote:

@busymom22  I promise I'm not stalking you!LOL

We were in your position few yrs.back.

Oh,yeah all those looks.No one wants to put themselves in your shoes.Rather tell you a dozen times,shouldn't be THAT hard if he's really trying!

Guess what? Yeah it can be especially if you're older like my husband.

Even had a good friend say "Is he even trying?"No one wants to be near you for fear of catching it.

This is how hard we tried. Everyday in our notebook we went thru the yellow pages & my husband either filled out online or in person.The library had a computer you could use for 1 hour.

Saw  Indeed...it became our close friend every day.

Dollar G. wouldn't hire a decent worker on a bad day.Rather go thru 15 worthless workers than an older person with good work ethics.

So everyday this was our agenda.And guess what...no one called in 2yrs.Yes,we did everything we could think of& no avail so even the best laid plans can fail.

So I hope people can go easy on you even if they haven't been in your shoes.

Finally after nagging the temp service everyday till he bout drove the lady crazy,she sent him on a job.The first in 2yrs.

He is still there.Wears a uniform,steel toe boots, hot shipping department & back breaking work for 60 some yr.old with bad circulation.

He had a desk job before.

Hopefully in 16 mths , he going on S.S.&can hopefully kiss job good bye.

Sorry so long but I understand where you coming from & hope that I would be understanding if I didn't.

Thank you so much for caring and for your post!

With the new year just this past week companies are just starting to ramp up again so hopefully there will be more positions.

Thank you again.