Super Contributor

In April my husband was laid off due to the pandemic (oil and gas) and his industry was hit hard. Back in July I posted a prayer request about a job that he ended up not getting.  Out of 150 applicants he did make the final three. Since then the few jobs that have become available also have tough competition. Here Christmas is soon and he is still unemployed.

I am praying that God would work a miracle and he could get a job soon. My husband is well connected and has never had an issue before so I know this is very tough on him mentally.  We were receiving pandemic assistance but because our state's unemployment now is considered "not crisis level" it was abruptly halted last month.

We live in an area where people seem to be doing well so it makes it tough when others don't seem to understand our plight.

I appreciate any and all prayers!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@busymom22  Prayers sent to you and your husband. Sending you a virtual hug as well.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

In April my husband was laid off due to the pandemic (oil and gas) and his industry was hit hard. Back in July I posted a prayer request about a job that he ended up not getting.  Out of 150 applicants he did make the final three. Since then the few jobs that have become available also have tough competition. Here Christmas is soon and he is still unemployed.

I am praying that God would work a miracle and he could get a job soon. My husband is well connected and has never had an issue before so I know this is very tough on him mentally.  We were receiving pandemic assistance but because our state's unemployment now is considered "not crisis level" it was abruptly halted last month.

We live in an area where people seem to be doing well so it makes it tough when others don't seem to understand our plight.

I appreciate any and all prayers!

@busymom22, I'm sure that your husband is networking his heart out to find a new position. But I imagine that employers are truly spooked by the unknown right now. I will think good thoughts for both of you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Perhaps the legislation pending in Congress will help your family?  Does dh have other skills he could use in a stopgap job?  My state is very much affected by the ups and downs in oil and gas but things seem to be improving.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@busymom22I am so sorry you two are going through this.  Prayers going out that work will become available very soon.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 

I will definitely say a prayer for your family, and that your husband can find meaningful and good employment. I think it hurts anyone who is used to working and providing for their family to be out of work for an extended period of time, but men even more so. 

And I hear you about others maybe not understanding where you are right now. We are in the situation where no one we know has lost their job from the Covid crisis (my son did loose a second, part time job in the restaurant industry, but managed to pick up something else, and still has his full time job). In fact, many are working overtime and doing better. 

But I understand that is not everyone's reality. Some people have been hit so hard with the loss of work and income during this time, and depending on where you live and what you do to make a living, finding anything close to what you are used to doing and making is getting hard with cases spiking again and more restrictions and closures possible in the near future. 

I hope that he is able to find not only 'something' soon, but the just right something that will be his reward for all the stress and worry and waiting he (and you) has endured. 

Financial stress is second only to health issues in my opinion in the hardest things to endure. 

Hoping that 2021 will be much better for you and for the world as a whole. 

Honored Contributor

Busymom2,

I pray that my prayers are heard for your husband to find a suitable job -- soon -- and that you and your family can stop being frightened about not having enough money to live with good health and good comfort.

All blessing to you and your family!

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers sent to lift your family up in this most difficult time. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, Busymom2, we are all thinking about you and your family and wishing you well.

I understand about wanting to stay in the same industry, but perhaps your husband should consider exploring other opportunities.

Can either you or your husband pick up some part-time work, even online, as many people hire during the holidays, especially UPS, Amazon, etc.

Sometimes connections from part-time work leads to full-time jobs.

Working may also improve his mental attitude.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Prayers have been said.  I pray something will come along soon and that, meanwhile, God, will supply all your needs.