Contributor

Ladies, I cannot begin to Thank you enough.

I'll update you when we get back in a couple of days from the tests and interviews.

Trusted Contributor

We will look forward to your update, as we continue to pray for your son, amiracleneeced.

My heart goes out to (((you))) mom-to-mom. All strength and comfort to you, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Respected Contributor

Amiracleneeded,it is a honor to pray for your son will say extra prayers for him tonight. We have a person J.C. who is having some very serious medical issues and ladies on here have been so kind to say prayers for him. I hope your son gets the help he needs and as his Mom you are beside your self with worry. So I will say prayers that you stay strong through all this. My heart goes out to you there is nothing worse then having a ill child no matter what their age is.

Respected Contributor

LurkyLou, thank you for prayers for J.C. they are so much appreciated. Also wanted to say there are truly amazing caring and loving posters on this site. I am in tears reading what all you have been through and how no one is complaining .God bless you all for just excepting what is put in front of you and you just keep moving forward.

Respected Contributor

J.C has to have a very serious medical procedure done in the morning if any one stops in here tonight may I ask for prayers to be said that this goes well. Thank you so much.

Esteemed Contributor

Just said a prayer for J.C for successful procedure to be done in the morning, also for William, and his Mother, too, Bobbiesue for her eyes, and all of you who need prayers - I'm praying for you all!! We pray for God's will to be done - and His Will is always the best way!!! Praised be Jesus!

Trusted Contributor
On 3/4/2015 jubilant said:

Delaney,

I am sorry too for taking so long to get back with you. I wanted to wait till I had a bit more time.
Your brother was so young when he was diagnosed. I can see that you have had a very full plate. I am pleased to hear you are finally able to get a degree in something that interest you and that I can see you will excel in. I think sometimes, God, puts up and takes down fences so we will go in the direction He sees for us.
I am sorry your father has been so ill and that your mother has mental problems. Sometimes I feel like I am dealing with children and I think saying no to a parent or having to be "firm" with them is so difficult at times. I am sure it is for them also. I am glad your dad is finding peace at the cabin.
I know what it is to lose a beloved pet. Sorry, for the loss of Maggie. We lost a home due to an explosion in 1993. We were home but we got ourselves and our dog, Hank out. Had that explosion been 15 minutes earlier we would have been standing right next to where it happened and the fire chief said to us, more than likely, we both (DH and I) would have been dead. God has his hand in everything. Shortly after that, our son was critically injured in an accident. I nursed him back to health at home. He had a fractured skull, broken ribs, and his back was broken in 3 places. He was listed in critical condition. I am so thankful God spared him. He is married now for 12 years and has given us 2 beautiful granddaughters.
Getting back to parents.....I don't think I could handle taking care of 2 parents at home. For one thing, my dad was a 6 ft. 200 lb. man and he became out of control. There are many reasons I could list of why it is better for him where he is at. Actually, we almost had to do it for mom. It took us 6 yrs. to convince her that Dad was not going to live much longer and that he could possibly die by his own hand if we didn't do something. Mom lives to go see him and be with him. She can now enjoy him once again now that he is mentally stable. It's not the same but she is finally coming to grips with the fact that it was best for Dad. You will know when it is time. Fences and fence posts will go up and either open up a new path or close one down till you know you have chosen the right path. God has a way of lighting them up and, while it's never soon enough for me, He paints the picture and He knows what the last stroke will look like.
My daughter went back to school and has her associates degree in alchohol and substance abuse. She is going on to get her degree in counseling. She works with a charity right now that uses horses and get's kids interested in riding and taking care of them. The woman who runs the charity and my DD have become great friends. It is her farm that lodges these horses and gives horseback riding lessons. She has offered my DD a job when she gets her degree. DD is soon to be 44. I am happy she has found her niche.
I understand much of what you say about the pressures, both mental and physical, of caretaking. It would be so difficult to do it alone. I can't even imagine. It is obvious you are a caring daughter who wants to do right by your mom and dad. Just keep in mind that sometimes what we think is best for them may not be what God thinks is best. It has run through my mind several times that God may have put Dad where he is to be a witness to those around him. After all, this is many of the people he is around last few years or even last year. They may not have much longer to choose God. I have heard my dad talk to some of them. Maybe, just maybe.......that is why he is there????
I wish you much success in your career, DeLaney. I pray for your parents and I pray for you for wisdom. Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it!

Thank you, Jubilant for your beautiful and insightful post. It's so nice to learn more about you and your family, including struggles faced through the power of faith. I have read it twice now and was waiting for a more appropriate time to reply. Not wanting to distract from the urgent prayer petitions here.

I very much appreciate your wisdom shared, encouragement and prayers for my parents and myself. Can use all the strength and guidance from the Lord that He mercifully reveals to me. Currently my father is doing well, but for the occasional headaches with vertigo. The recent Doppler study showed no changes. We're thankful! He and mom are planning a month or more vacation in IRE this Spring. I will join them, but only for a week. It will be nice to visit with family and friends there, in person again.

Thankful to hear how, with your loving help, your son recovered from the terrible injuries of the accident. That is a life-affirming journey I am sure neither of you will ever forget. Enjoy those grandchildren! Such a blessing. That is one regret I have for my parents. . . No grandchildren yet. If I ever decide to marry, I may consider adopting a child. Now would not be the time to do either, but I'll not say "never." Smile

There are equestrian therapy ranches here, too, such as your daughter is working with. I have seen the benefits first hand in not only children, but some adults as well--including veterans! Truthfully, we could probably all benefit. . . those of us physically able, of course. This is also saving and benefitting a nice number of horses. God bless your daughter's worthy efforts!

How incredible that we, among these few who post here, have both experienced the devastation of home explosions! So you know--we can relate on this, too, and give thanks that none were injured--including your beloved dog, when you lost your nest. I have only recently healed enough from the loss of Maggie to adopt another golden. A male I call Dexter. Dad and him have quite the bond, too!

How is your father now? I hope his condition has stabilized and you, your siblings and your mother are able to spend quality time with him. Yes, as hard as it can be to accept, we must be willing to, when help with quality care for our loved ones is needed. Would be selfish and detrimental not to. It is AWESOME that he is still so willing to witness and encourage others in our Savior, Christ the Lord! When we truly submit to the will of God for us, the Holy Spirit can work in and through us. May many in your father's company continue to be blessed, and bless the name of Jesus.

My prayers go with you, and I hope you are taking good care of yourself, too!

Trusted Contributor

Prayers continuing for ShowMe, K.Q., William, J.C., Bobbisue, Darla and Selah's uncle.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/12/2015 DeLaney said:

Prayers continuing for ShowMe, K.Q., William, J.C., Bobbisue, Darla and Selah's uncle.

Thank you DeLaney for praying for me. I prayed for ShowMe today. I also prayed for you DeLaney.

Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, Bobbisue and thank you for your prayers. I'm encouraged to know and I'm sure ShowMe will be, too! Smile