Super Contributor

I had this happen to me this week. I had a post just disappear- not be formally removed by the mods - and I don't think I posted anything mean or political or against the rules. It was posted in @Plaid Pants2 post re: It's just a sandwich, and it was in support of her. I saw it posted, then later it was just gone. Oh, well. . . .

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

I don't think the mods always leave a reason when they remove a post.  Most times they do but maybe sometimes they are in a hurry and don't - they just remove the post, no reason. 

I didn't think any of the posts on the bumping up old threads thread were very nice and wouldn't have been surprise at the removal of any of them.  I never read the Walking Dead thread so can't comment about that one.

Respected Contributor

When my posts are removed with no explanation, I have no idea what I did wrong, and no idea how to keep from repeating my misstep.  How is this ok?

Trusted Contributor

We may be dealing with a rogue ________ insert carefully.  

Honored Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

I had this happen to me this week. I had a post just disappear- not be formally removed by the mods - and I don't think I posted anything mean or political or against the rules. It was posted in @Plaid Pants2 post re: It's just a sandwich, and it was in support of her. I saw it posted, then later it was just gone. Oh, well. . . .

Hugs. . .

@q-girl  That was another thread where my post disappeard, too.  Supportive and absolutely scratch my head.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't think the mods always leave a reason when they remove a post.  Most times they do but maybe sometimes they are in a hurry and don't - they just remove the post, no reason. 

I didn't think any of the posts on the bumping up old threads thread were very nice and wouldn't have been surprise at the removal of any of them.  I never read the Walking Dead thread so can't comment about that one.

@Pearlee  You are referring to a thread with nasty posts.

TWD post was an ongoing chitchat about characters who were killed off.  Simply sad, *sob*, etc.

Amazingly one poster asked me where to find some info and when I responded that post showed up before hers.  Woman Surprised

I've already explained this so I'm ending this conversation now.  I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same thing happening.  No drama, no snarks, easy chit chat, supportive posts, and poof!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3My point was that posts have disappeared before w/out Mod explanation, when I think they've been removed by a mod (who probably didn't have the time or forgot to post the reason why).

Honored Contributor

I wish this was the only thing I had to worry about. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Yes, mine have disappeared.  On the Naughty or Nice list, I guess I am noted as naughty.