Honored Contributor

Postage going up, again.

[ Edited ]

Starting January 21, postage stamps will be $ .68 instead of $ .66.  If you need stamps, buy before then.

Also, shipping packages will be more expensive.  If you have something to send out, do it now.

The rates will increase 5.4 to 5.9%.

Respected Contributor

Re: Postage going up, again.

Sigh. What isn't going up. Tks for the headsup. Been wondering about if a stamp rate increase had happened or was about to.

Honored Contributor

I don't use snail mail.  I mail about 8 Christmas cards to elderly relatives who live out of state.  I pay bills online.

Respected Contributor

We use small home-owned companies for our trash service, yard service, and water irrigation needs. They don't offer any kind of online payment, so I have to mail their payments. I have to pay quarterly taxes, and the federal government doesn't allow any kind of payments but snail mail. I send out about 20 Christmas cards a year. So I do still buy stamps.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie Thanks for the reminder.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

We use small home-owned companies for our trash service, yard service, and water irrigation needs. They don't offer any kind of online payment, so I have to mail their payments. I have to pay quarterly taxes, and the federal government doesn't allow any kind of payments but snail mail. I send out about 20 Christmas cards a year. So I do still buy stamps.

I just looked up about Estimated Quarterly Federal Tax payment method and you can pay online, by phone or through a mobile device using the IRS2Go app.

You may  want to contact your mom&pop businesses regarding free payment methods like Zelle or Venmo which is a product through your bank to theirs. Its easy peasy.  I do ths with my landscaper to avoid credit card charges thst they charge more for or having to write a check or cash and having to be home. 

Ive only had to buy stamps in for mailing birthday and christmas cards. I hope this helps

Honored Contributor

I use snail mail, still send bday cards to many and they send to me

Respected Contributor

@Carmie..Thanks for reminder.
Honored Contributor

I still mail lots of things. Some bills I pay online, some I don't.  Some I have directly debited from my checking account, some I don't.  I send birthday cards and Christmas cards and sympathy cards and my estimated taxes and a whole host of things. 

I don't think it's any antiquated thing to still be using stamps and cash.  No big bragging rights if you don't use them....Or if you do.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I still mail cards.  Pay most bills online.  An increase of  2 cents doesn't bother me compared to some grocery items like cereal going up 50 cents every couple of weeks.