Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Because my mail box,has been hit,and destroyed 3 times,  i got a po box,so i go there to pick up mail ,what i wonder is with lg .packages why they do not deliver them ,because  they would not fit in a mail box,i live in the country, so mail box was next to road,a very busy road.

I would ask the post office about their policies and procedures for PR Boxes and large packages.

Respected Contributor

@MLM21 wrote:

@september wrote:

Just to add...our post office is also delivering on Sundays now.  What more can they do?

I think that is because people pay extra money to have it delivered on a Sunday and Over Time for the employee. 

@MLM21 I just had a package delivered from Target Sunday from the post office and I didn't pay extra. Actually I didn't pay any shipping b/c I used my Target red card so all of my items ship free.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@september wrote:

@goldensrbest    I have a post office box, but also receive packages at my home for items that can't be shipped to boxes. 

at my post office, we get a key in our boxes for packages. We then take that key to a locker area in the lobby, and use it to retrieve our packages. Do they not have this system where you get your mail?

No, but that is not what i am asking,my question was  why they do not deliver large packages to my house,rather than me having to carry them home ,i do not have a mailbox,only po box.

@goldensrbest I think the packages, by law, must be delivered to the address that is actually on the package--and no further. Since you have a PO box, your packages are delivered to the post office. After that, it's your responsibilty to pick them up. 

I don't know how big your post office is, but you can't expect every mail carrier to know where "you" live.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  The package goes to the address on the box/bag.  If it's your street address and you don't have a mailbox, they should put the package on your doorstep.  If you indicate that the package should go to the PO Box,  then they normally leave a notice in whatever size box you have to either go to the desk and get the package, or they leave a notice and attached key and you go to a larger (available) box and open it with the key, take your package, and either leave the key in the box, or bring it to the front desk to drop it off.