Honored Contributor

Just to add...our post office is also delivering on Sundays now.  What more can they do?

Esteemed Contributor

It depends on the mail carrier.  We, too, have a PO Box.  Because we don't have a box in front of the house, she will not deliver packages to the door.  She says "undeliverable" on tracking notices and we have to scurry to the PO within 2 days to pick up before it is returned.  I'm just happy I have tracking available. We have talked to them and they really have no control because she is a rural contract carrier using her own vehicle. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Today when I went to get my mail from the street community locked mail box stand, the Mail person CRAMMED a jar of neck cream I ordered off EBay into my mail slot.  I mean it was jammed in there so hard, when I pulled on it the entire mail box stand was shaking. It took me a while to get it out so it must have taken awhile to SHOVE it in there.

i wondered why the mail person did  not put it into one of the lockers below....or just drop it on my front porch.?? 

..well... later in the day I saw my neighbor coming from the mailbox with an armful of packages.....  so that was why I my jar was JAMMED into the tiny slot.... all her big packages went in the lockers. 

I wish I had video footage of the mail person SHOVING the jar into slot ....the package even had FRAGILE WRITTEN IN BIG RED LETTERS ....😡

Oh Well......

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden :  I have also had numerous problems (over 12 years) with various contractor mailpersons.  Sometimes they cram boxes and other packages into our rural box.  I now take a photo and Show it to my postmaster.  They also frequently do not deliver packages (get the go to post office notice) even though we live in a sub division and keep our small flight of stairs and walkway shovelled.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@goldensrbest    I have a post office box, but also receive packages at my home for items that can't be shipped to boxes. 

at my post office, we get a key in our boxes for packages. We then take that key to a locker area in the lobby, and use it to retrieve our packages. Do they not have this system where you get your mail?

No, but that is not what i am asking,my question was  why they do not deliver large packages to my house,rather than me having to carry them home ,i do not have a mailbox,only po box.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thats a question for your local postmaster.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

If your address is now a PO Box, that is where USPS mail is delivered and held.  UPS and FedEx will use street address if that is what you give them.

Actually it is really nice since you can "stop" delivery at will and the mail is safe.  No idea why more people don't use it.

Respected Contributor

My sister has her mail delivered to a PO box. Her packages are delivered there. They put a card in her box, she takes it to the window and they give her the item if it doesn't fit in her mail box. I use a street address and my mail and packages are delivered to my home.

Contributor

@september wrote:

Just to add...our post office is also delivering on Sundays now.  What more can they do?

I think that is because people pay extra money to have it delivered on a Sunday and Over Time for the employee. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Post office

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Today when I went to get my mail from the street community locked mail box stand, the Mail person CRAMMED a jar of neck cream I ordered off EBay into my mail slot.  I mean it was jammed in there so hard, when I pulled on it the entire mail box stand was shaking. It took me a while to get it out so it must have taken awhile to SHOVE it in there.

i wondered why the mail person did  not put it into one of the lockers below....or just drop it on my front porch.?? 

..well... later in the day I saw my neighbor coming from the mailbox with an armful of packages.....  so that was why I my jar was JAMMED into the tiny slot.... all her big packages went in the lockers. 

I wish I had video footage of the mail person SHOVING the jar into slot ....the package even had FRAGILE WRITTEN IN BIG RED LETTERS ....😡

Oh Well......

@SeaMaiden 

Maybe your neighbor gives your mail person a large tip at Christmas... 

I understand totally what you are going through....

We have the community mail boxes too at our condo complex located quite a ways away from all the units. They stopped using the lockers for packages because they were easily broken into....So now for large packages that are sent via USPS we have to go to a secured Mail Center near the Condo Office to pick up packages....But similar to what you experienced its funny what the mail person chooses to leave at the Mail Center versus the Mail Box....I HATE it when I order clothes and he CRAMS it into the box, talk about WRINKLED!!!....but a small hardcover book or tiny tiny package--that would easily fit into the Mail Box he takes that to the Mail Center ---GO FIGURE!!!  Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”