Honored Contributor

Because my mail box,has been hit,and destroyed 3 times,  i got a po box,so i go there to pick up mail ,what i wonder is with lg .packages why they do not deliver them ,because  they would not fit in a mail box,i live in the country, so mail box was next to road,a very busy road.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Do you put your street address on the items you want delivered? Not sure if that would make any difference.

Honored Contributor

I get everything delivered to my house from th post office.

If the white QVC plastic bags don't fit into my mail box, I have a huge tupperware box at the top of my driveway where they put my boxes, etc.

I just had delivered this morning 4 large boxes delivered.  They wouldn't fit in the tupperware box (it had other packages in there) so it was put up against the garage door.

Honored Contributor

We had the same problem and now have a PO Box too. Our post office will not deliver packages to the home either if you opt for a PO Box. All our packages are at the post office waiting for us. We can still use our street address for packages delivered from UPS or FedEx. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    I have a post office box, but also receive packages at my home for items that can't be shipped to boxes. 

at my post office, we get a key in our boxes for packages. We then take that key to a locker area in the lobby, and use it to retrieve our packages. Do they not have this system where you get your mail?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

We live on a rural type mail route. Living here over 20 years, we have had several different mail drivers. Every one of them has carried big packages, that don't fit our regular size box, to our patio room door, as I requested.

I suggest you call whatever office it is that is responsible for your mail deliveries, the manager if necessary. I have done just that a couple times over the years, but for different reasons. Twice I spoke with the manager of the station, once face to face. Every problem was resolved to my satisfaction.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I don't think the post office considers delivery of packages their responsibility any longer.  They leave notices in your box and YOU have to figure out how to get it.  I live in a subdivision in a city, with rural type mailboxes and I haven't had a PO delivery for years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think the post office considers delivery of packages their responsibility any longer.  They leave notices in your box and YOU have to figure out how to get it.  I live in a subdivision in a city, with rural type mailboxes and I haven't had a PO delivery for years.

@Kachina624 

Not where we live. Read my post to @goldensrbest. Saturday our driver brought a 12lb box of popcorn from Amazon, right to my patio room door. It obviously would not fit in a regular size mailbox, at least not ours.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm living in a new area, for me, and not having any problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in a burb division with 100 homes and mailbox is at the curb.  Our mailman still (thankfully)........... carries box deliveries up the driveway and sets on porch.  No matter what the quanity is.