Esteemed Contributor

Re: Possible mistakes with masks

I'm still trying to figure out how to wear the face covering and not have my glasses steam up! I guess I can try putting the glasses on with it on top of the top edge of the mask. I'll have to experiment with this.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@FlowerBearIt is a lot.  I'll even admit to feeling a bit resentful as I prep myself to get out of the car at the supermarket.   

But I'm doing it -  it's my job, both to protect myself but also all around me.  

I want everyone else in that circle to do the same job, and if it's small to resent those who don't, then I'm small.

@millieshops I do exactly what you described.  I just saw an article today about the loss of a 6 year old from the virus.  I just saw two young 30's in the grocery store with two small children the same age last week.  One of those parents should have stayed in the car with those children to protect them.  Also, they wore no mask or gloves.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how to wear the face covering and not have my glasses steam up! I guess I can try putting the glasses on with it on top of the top edge of the mask. I'll have to experiment with this.

@GinaV24 

I don't wear glasses other than sunglasses but I read about this when I was trying to keep my car windows from fogging up. As the world's biggest procrastinator I never actually tried it so I don't know if it works. Still, it could be worth a try. 

Keep Glass from Fogging Up with a Bit of Shaving Cream

"Clean your glasses with shaving foam. ... This works because the soap (which is really what does the job—any soap will do, shaving cream is just easiest to use) creates a protective film over the glass that keeps it from fogging. A little goes a long way, all you need is a dab or two—even on your car's windshield."

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24  I also wear glasses & had an issue w/fogged up glasses wearing a mask.  What SusieQ_2 posted works as well as spit.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen ONE person (yet) with his mask covering his eyes, but what some consider to be "protective" is almost laughable.

The majority of the surgical masks I've seen aren't even tied correctly. When improperly secured, there are huge gaps on both sides, and sometimes at the top or bottom.

And, yes, people are allowing them to hang from their necks, too. On more than one occasion, I've seen these shoppers grab a cart from the cart return, then stop to pull up the mask before they enter the store. Yuck.

And the masked cell phone yakkers? Yuck, again. There are few things filthier and more pathogen-laden than cell phones. I've even seen shopping "buddies" pull down their respective masks as they carry on a conversation--up, down, up, down...When people refer to cross-contamination, or masks being yet another "contamination zone," they're not kidding.

Speaking of cross-contamination and contamination zones, let's not forget the gloves. One local store had a sign on the door asking customers to remove them. Again, the gloved ones grab random shopping carts, then proceed to touch everything in the store, from produce to cans, cross-contaminating everything. And most don't even remove them properly.l
Clearly, these are examples of that "false sense of security" the medical community warned us about.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

If you can get a mask with a wire in the nose part, it will make a tighter seal and glasses will fog less. I also purchased some anti-fogging sprays for mine. It's definitely a challenge.