Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle 

That commercial plays constantly, lol!  At the bottom of the screen it says most sellers make about $500.00 a year. 

Cheap weddings and vacations Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I thought about it but I don't have what I would call "designer" clothes and bags.  Designer to me is all those big names that we read about  in fashion magazines.  Not Dooney & Bourque.

Respected Contributor

I thought about selling on Poshmark and downloaded the App and after reading the fine print I deleted the App the next day LOL. There were just too many avenues for Poshmark to make money off of your sale.

The site made taking $2.95 for items under $15 seem reasonable but it was the same as taking 20% off the top of larger sells over $100. I just thought that was a bit more than I wanted to part with on a sale. 

Respected Contributor

I sell on Poshmark. I joined last September and in about two months made a little over $200. Right now I haven't made any sales. I always seem to keep getting extreme cheapskates who feel something priced at $12 is too high so I decline their offers. And I haven't listed anything new, waiting for spring to roll around to see what warm weather clothing I no longer wear can be listed so I can purchase some new things. I could never make it a full-time job, I'd be out on the street! If I sell something great, if not, that's fine too. 

Valued Contributor

Every time I see that commercial I want to scream.  You aren't making money by selling on PoshMark (or other similar sites), but rather recouping money you've already spent.

Honored Contributor

A young lady who used to do my hair sells all the time on Poshmark and she's had great success.  

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I sell on Poshmark. I joined last September and in about two months made a little over $200. Right now I haven't made any sales. I always seem to keep getting extreme cheapskates who feel something priced at $12 is too high so I decline their offers. And I haven't listed anything new, waiting for spring to roll around to see what warm weather clothing I no longer wear can be listed so I can purchase some new things. I could never make it a full-time job, I'd be out on the street! If I sell something great, if not, that's fine too. 

I leave a question for someone and they never answer. I might buy it too. 

Esteemed Contributor

That ad about financing the wedding is ridiculous.  My first thought is "you must of spent a huge amount originally if you made enough to finance any kind of wedding".

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Anybody sell with them?  I have had no luck at all.  Designer shoes and boots (but I suppose 6-6.5 size is unusual).  I have designer jean jackets and purses.  No luck.

it's a lot of work, it's not list and forget like ebay or mercari 

join some of the forums or facebooks groups on ideas

you need good pictures,if something isn't selling evaluate and relist , OTL . etc 

I actually find it much, much easier.  Your item can sit there, it's free to post, and it's a flat $2.95 or 20%.  No postage to keep track of either.  My only complaint are the worthless descriptions where measurements and such aren't included.  Like eBay, you need to list it properly, but I don't think most get it.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.