Respected Contributor

Re: Popular Dog Foods Recalled

@ID2wrote:

I have been hearing this rumor for dog food but I really don't think People Magazine is a reputable magazine for us to believe "truthful" news. 

The original is source is my local ABC Investigative team in conjunction with reputable scientists and research labs.  The only question still is how did this drug used for euthanasia's get into the food?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The drug is in there bc either dead, diseased, dying, downed, etc animals were euthanized with this drug and used in these dog foods. Thay are called “4 D meats”.  These foods are garbage. Would never feed these to my dog. 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMomwrote:

The drug is in there bc either dead, diseased, dying, downed, etc animals were euthanized with this drug and used in these dog foods. Thay are called “4 D meats”.  These foods are garbage. Would never feed these to my dog. 

@AmericanBulldogMom I just read the recall list, I thought the same thing - these brands of dog food and snacks are just garbage. Would never feed them to my pup.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythewrote:

I have to say this is a concern.  

Can only think of one way for phenobarbital to be in there.

😭

I bet you're an animal lover too. Just wanted to say that I love your avatar! I am trying to figure out one for myself in the near future, it will most likely be an animal of course! Leiloni

Trusted Contributor

What terrible news! I am thankful for mtc for posting it otherwise some of us might have never known, thank you, mtc! I am a huge animal lover as many of you are, this is unacceptable, cruel, and should have never happened! If a human did this intentionally,I hope you rot in _ _ _ _!!!! Cat MadMan MadSmiley MadRobot MadWoman Mad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leiloniwrote:

@Drythewrote:

😭

I bet you're an animal lover too. Just wanted to say that I love your avatar! I am trying to figure out one for myself in the near future, it will most likely be an animal of course! Leiloni

Thank you @Leiloni  

My avatar is an artist rendering of Cecil, the Lion murdered by the American dentist who lured him off the animal preserve, wounded him, then tracked him until he could finally put the lovely animal out of his misery.

If you Google DogFoodAdvisor they offer a free alerts for such animal food issues.  It's free, and I have never gotten a bit of spam from them.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythewrote:

@Leiloniwrote:

@Drythewrote:

😭

Thank you @Leiloni  

My avatar is an artist rendering of Cecil, the Lion murdered by the American dentist who lured him off the animal preserve, wounded him, then tracked him until he could finally put the lovely animal out of his misery.

If you Google DogFoodAdvisor they offer a free alerts for such animal food issues.  It's free, and I have never gotten a bit of spam from them.

Best wishes.

Drythe, I loved Cecil & know of him well, I should have caught that. NOW I'M GONNA SCREAM, I AM BEYOND ANGRY AT THAT MURDERER, WISH I COULD DO TO HIM EXACTLY WHAT HE DID TO CECIL PLUS SOME! I WANT TO SAY MORE, BUT I CAN'T SEE THRU THE TEARS & QVC PROBABLY WOULDN'T POST IT ANYWAY! THX FOR ANSWERING ME, DRYTHE.  HAVE A GREAT NIGHT & WITH ALL MY HEART I THANK YOU FOR HONORING CECIL, OUR BELOVED 'ANGEL' NOW BACK IN HEAVEN WHERE HE ORIGINALLY CAME FROM. HOPE THAT D.D.S. GETS HIS KARMA WHILE IM STILL AROUND TO READ ABOUT IT. WISH I COULD SAY MORE, BUT I'D PREFER NOT TO GO TO JAIL!!!! JUST KNOW THIS, I TOO LOVED CECIL! IM SURE YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT HIS SON. LEILONI <3

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2wrote:

I have been hearing this rumor for dog food but I really don't think People Magazine is a reputable magazine for us to believe "truthful" news. 

I think People is pretty reputable but they were reporting on an independent investigation, conducted by ABC7.

Thank you @momtochloe for this information. You are so kind thinking of these animals and our animal loving posters here. You are always so thoughtful! Heart

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201wrote:

@ID2wrote:

I think People is pretty reputable but they were reporting on an independent investigation, conducted by ABC7.

Thank you @momtochloe for this information. You are so kind thinking of these animals and our animal loving posters here. You are always so thoughtful! Heart

@Irshgrl31201 as always my friend you brighten my day.  Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy!