Esteemed Contributor

Just a comment.  I get lots of them when I go to my email.  I actually like them.  They track the things I like and are reminders in a way.  However is it safe to buy from them... or most of them?  I usually don't unless it is sales from HSN or QVC.  Anyone have stories to tell about some of the rest.... any that you get and have tried.  

I worry about my personal info(credit cards) and just getting the product at all.  

Honored Contributor

Those pop ups are certainly annoying unless you find a gem there.  

I found a gem.  One day I clicked on an interesting earring back that held up pierced earrings if your earring hole had enlarged.  

The site is Joyus and they are excellent.  I've found several things way before they hit mainstream.

Respected Contributor

I don’t trust them. I find they attach and often can’t be closed out of. I look for a secure site logo, ie a lock.

Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

I would never click on a pop up ad.   

I use AdBlock Plus, so I don't see them anymore, thankfully.   It's great for getting rid of page ads or pop ups.   The only negative is that some places will not let you read on their site unless you disable the ad blocker.   I just move on, in those cases.  Clearly, they want you to disable it so they can throw ads at you, place cookies, and place any of a number of spyware type things on your computer.    

Honored Contributor

If I see something I like in a pop up, which is rare. Mi close out of program and put the name in search engine.  I never click a pop up, or ad on purpose, never. Just go to the website directly. 

Respected Contributor

I've had ads that were impossible to close also. Then, I've had ads that advertised a handbag at $49.99. When I clicked on the ad, it took me to the site, but it was still the original $99.99. Now I just ignore the ads and refuse to click on them.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

I never ever click on a pop up ad but instead go google the name of the company and see what comes up that way.  Some of the sites have ended up on my favorites list. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I find those pop up ads intrusive, so I now have an ad blocker............

And it works better than this Ad Blocker....

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”