Trusted Contributor

I've been playing, although I admit I'm not very good at it yet.

And I'm 61 years old. My husband is 65 and he goes out with me to capture. Our Fitbits are getting a good workout! And we're meeting some really nice people of all ages, too.

Honored Contributor

I think it's silliness and just a matter of time before people are lured into places trying to capture something or other and bad things are going to happen.

I personally can't imagine me, as a grown adult, playing this.  

Esteemed Contributor

I do not play but hubby and I rode our bikes to the town park on Saturday evening and the place was positively littered with people playing this game.  It looked like an episode of the Walking Dead, lol.  They were all wandering back and forth with their faces glued to their phones.

I did worry about one guy who suddenly went out into the street.  He did not appear to be watching for cars.  

My daughter has the game downloaded but she works so much, she hasn't had time to play it.  I don't plan to download it.  Looks like a lot of work.  

I think those who actively play it are really enjoying it though and that's good.  

Super Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

I'm from the generation that used to see how many people we could fit in a telephone booth.  Does anybody remember that???  Does anybody remember the phone booth???

docsgirl

I sure do. That was back when text messages were written on pieces of paper, then folded into fancy little shapes and passed to our friends. Smiley Happy

I'm curious about the pokemon thing, but I don't get around very well these days. If I have an objection to it, it would be that the locations of some of these critters often land on private property.  I've already heard of young people climbing over fences and traipsing through peoples yards. That's an tragedy waiting to happen - homeowner mistaking them for burglars or something. Hopefully, if this craze continues, the app will allow people to exclude their private property from being one of the locations.