Highlighted
Super Contributor

Please Moderators, Will you Rethink This?

[ Edited ]

I really enjoy the forums but (for me) one aspect is very annoying.  I know it has been discussed before, but please bear with me for just a moment.  In the previous set up, when you opened up a forum heading (say, Community), the list of posts showed newest to oldest, etc.  Now, when you open up a forum heading, the list of posts are listed in the order of the newest REPLIES on OLD posts.  Since some people are still replying to posts that are months old, every time I open up a new forum heading I am seeing a list of mostly the same old posts I have been seeing for weeks (that have new replies).  I am finding this extremely annoying.  Can't we just see what the latest NEW original posts are, with the date, and we can then assume that any replies are later than that date?  I don't know if maybe other posters see this differently but, if so, will you please tell me what I am doing wrong, because when I open up a new forum I am so bored with looking at lists of ancient posts (and having to search down the list to find a new original post) to the extent I usually just move on.  I hope all of this makes sense.  Thank you, all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please Moderators, Will you Rethink This?

Totally agree.  It's very annoying.

Respected Contributor

Ditto, I used to 'live' here, but I've been coming here much less.  I hope they can restore the features that we loved from the old forum.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Adjust your settings.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

ID2:  I'm sorry, but "adjust your settings" doesn't help.  I have my settings adjusted to showing newest posts first.  Unfortunately what we are getting are "new replies to OLD posts".  As I said previously, I am not interested in re-reading old posts ad nauseum, but would rather see new posts first.  If you have any good information, I would appreciate hearing it.  Thanks.