Esteemed Contributor

If anyone is interested, this is a six-minute video narrated by Diane Sawyer that features Phyllis George and tells about her work to remodel the Kentucky governor's mansion in the early 1980s.  Quite an undertaking! 

https://vimeo.com/145815630

I remember my parents donated to that renovation and went to Frankfort on the opening day that Phyllis mentions in this video.  My mother came home with such vivid descriptions of it.  She was so excited and thrilled to meet Phyllis.  I actually looked up this video the other day to show my mom because we had recently talked about her visit to the mansion.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

too young,.....so sad.

she seemed like such a sweet woman.

fred willard passed away today also.

may they both rest in peace.

there will be one more on the horizon.......

So sad to learn of these loses.

May they, and their families be at Peace

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I loved seeing her on the Q presenting crafts.  I have a lovely book of hers, Living with Quilts.  The pictures are gorgeous. 

She was a very special gracious lady.  I was very sorry to hear of her passing.

Respected Contributor

That is so sad, she was so young.  I remember her well on the Q.  I always thought she was so stunning and a joy to watch.  She sold the most beautiful pottery, etc.  I still have her pie and loaf pans they are as gorgeous as the day I bought them. May she RIP.

Esteemed Contributor

Pamela Brown of CNN was her daughter. She followed in her mother's footsteps into the media business. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Phyllis George and daughter Pamela Brown

Phyllis George and daughter Pamela Brown

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

How Sad!!!!!Smiley Sad

@Kachina624 You can still order the handmade jewelry as well as other items from the Folk Art Center, Asheville, NC website.  Beautiful vases, hand carved kitchen tools, bamboo clothing from their artists.

On every NC trip, we'd stop by two of the Southern Highland Guild stores.  Something for everyone, and I believe shipping is still free right now.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

I was just thinking about her the other day.  Loved the shows she did on QVC.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

This is sad news. 

I met her when she spoke at our girls church camp when I was about 12 or 13 years old. She was the featured speaker. We were allowed to ask her questions after she spoke to us.  My friends begged me to ask her a question. So, I asked her, "How do you eat tacos without making a mess?"  Her reply was that she ate very slowly and cautiously with one napkin in her lap and another one close by (or something similar).  It was just a few years after her Miss/Ms. America reign! 

Occasional Visitor

RIP sweet lady. I bought several Molly Dallas pottery pieces she presented on QVC with former host Jeffry Hewson. She brought her Miss America crown to let everyone see it. She was so sweet and so very smart and talented.