Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm 4'10.......and your pants length......depends on HOW LONG YOUR LEGS ARE.  (Long torso....short torso.)    27" works for me.   However, I can't wear "extra petite" because  the rise is too short.

You are certainly correct.  My body is long and I have short legs.  I am 5'1" now and have a 27" inseam.  I know ladies who have long legs and short body that can wear longer inseams.  I can't always wear petite because of the measurements in the body of the pant.  That's why I appreciate Quacker Factory short length.  Everybody is built differently and I believe manufacturers should think about that.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @Desertdi .  Inseam is related to body proportion and height alone doesn't determine inseam needed.  I am 5'2" and usually wear a 27" inseam.  I  check garment measurements before I buy anything.  There are several designers I don't buy because their petite inseam is too long for me.    Personally, I like to see a petite inseam at 27".  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9    You are SO right about body "build".    I am extra-short......and I have SHOULDERS like a defensive lineman (and not much else).   I would really SQUIRM in a petite top!!!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm 4'10.......and your pants length......depends on HOW LONG YOUR LEGS ARE.  (Long torso....short torso.)    27" works for me.   However, I can't wear "extra petite" because  the rise is too short.

@Desertdi Exactly! 

I'm 5'1" so heightwise I fall into the category but petites are too short for me because I'm long-legged.

Frequent Contributor

I measure 5 ft tall and I wear a 23" inseam. Petites are always too long so I have to order crop pants to get a good fit but it is hard to do in the Fall and Winter.  I used to have a 26" inseam but over the years with my back, hip and knee problems I just keep getting shorter.

Respected Contributor

I also wear Marla Wynn ankle pants from HSN.  They normally come to my ankle but once in a while they are even too long.

Esteemed Contributor

28" inseam works for me if they are boot cut and 26/27" if they are straight leg.  Some petites have longer legs.  I'm just happy there are petites in retail.  I remember the days when there wasn't and everything had to be shortened.  That was quite an expense.

Honored Contributor

At five ft tall, I can wear 28 inch inseam with my one and a half inch heels.  But 27 inch is best for my athletic shoes.  But us petites have to be thankful for what we can get.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse, beyond 28 inches is dragging on us five ft and under gals.  Thirty and thirty one inches is for regular heights I believe.  Thirty two and higher is for talls.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Denim & Co's. Petites are mostly all 27" inseam. Usually when they do a 28" inseam, the 5'3" Petite model's are too long on her and she's usually got heels on.

The host Jane Tracy although 5'1 or 5'2", wears a Regular. She can do so b/c her wide hips stretch out knits and make the llength shorter. That's the case with a lot of people.

The Q's Petite models, mostly alwatys 5'3", always have heels and their pants are too long even with heels. 

They do a 28" inseam so they won't miss anyone!!!