Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve about posting on this forum

@Isobel Archer wrote:

It's like talking to someone who is just waiting for you to finish so they can say whatever is on their mind - which may or may not have any relationship to what you were saying.

You hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what many posters do!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it’s annoying.  Some people will act like they don’t get it to be sarcastic or snarky. I tend to call them out especially repeat offenders. 

Honored Contributor

I would have to say the "change the channel" response is my pet peeve.  I always love when @Spurt brings out our Captain Obvious kitty! 

Also the "google it" response.  I had it happen to me when I was asking for opinions on the beauty forum for a product.  Maybe the kitty needs to come out for the google response too. 

Last, but not least - if an opinion is given about a host and it isn't praising the host, then the posters claiming "host bashing" come out.  Some get quite offended when reading a not-so-favorable post about their favorite host.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the weather has been marvelous the past few days.  Sunny and high 70's.  Love it!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I'll admit that if a thread is 15 pages long, I'm not going to read every page.

I'll read the first two pages, and the last one but not all the others.

My pet peeve is when someone comes here and tells a sob story, because they are looking for sympathy, because they are having a pitty-party, and want others to feel sorry for them.

Then when they don't get that, because others are questioning their story, and "details" come in drip and drabs, and it's only to fit the origional post, they become indignant, and in so many words, say that they are going to take their ball and go home.

I mean, if one only wants sympathy, and people to feel sorry for them, just say so up front.

Don't play games.

Then there are those who post about pretty much drivel, just because they crave constant attention.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

never seen such a slow board as QVC's. Just post a message, no , pics, emoticons, gifs, just words and you still have to sit and wait on it.

Hope it's slowing down the ton of pics that's daily posted on Among Friends of trees, birds, flowers must had finally dragged down Q's servers

@chiclet   Your point is proven!

Honored Contributor

@marchingalong123 wrote:

Or maybe they want to say what's on their mind regardless of the question on the post. Some posts are tooooooo long, like yours & others I won't nameSmiley Happy

@marchingalong123 

Hey, go ahead and name me as 1 of the "tooooooo long" posters( ?). I been trying for many years here and in my real life, to shorten things up. Even my wife says "you failed". It is not only typing, it carries over to talking too.

I can take it so "let 'er rip".  

=^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

That’s ok, John, @hckynut    You are a talker, and remind me of my late husband in many ways. Just keep being you. 😊

Frequent Contributor

that's how the driver test was when I was that age -  you parked outside the course,  the state trooper got in your car and told you to pull into the course - BUT - there was a stop sign right there and everyone missed it and pulled into the course.  And they failed you.  Luckily I knew about it first.  Did a bunch of other things wrong but did stop for that stop sign.

Esteemed Contributor

Reading comprehension has been a problem here for as long as I can remember...and that's a long time!

Keepin' it real.