Respected Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve about posting on this forum

[ Edited ]

I don't know which is worse, the repetitious answer or the unfriendly and not at all helpful, "Google it."   

Edited to insert missing word -- wish I'd see errors before posting.  Maybe I ought to read my own posts more carefully. Woman Embarassed

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

Thanks for the laugh about your cheeseburger and not wanting mustard on it!Woman LOL

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of the above and added to that are the few people who appear to be unhinged enough to try and make virtually anything said fit the narrative they want to promote and who then often seem willing to heap any level of ill will on those who don't support that narrative... On top of all that, we could then get into the consistent gltiches and lack of functionality of the site itself...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I took a test once and at the top it said just write your name and that was it and everyone failed because they didn’t read it lol 🤣

I took this test  in the 9th grade, first quiz in a science class.  I did fail, but I learned a lesson that day.  Don't remember much about the science, but I remember to read carefully.  Good lesson for everyone.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't read the thread before responding. 

If you're taking the time to respond to a thread, especially a lengthy one, chances are new information has been added and your answer may not even be relevant to the original post.

@Bri369, did you see my Post #17? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I think I know the other thread of your's that you referenced. My post(s) mentioned my dealings with the same company, and I did mention how I resolved that specific problem. My solution however was not solved by the company, rather what I chose to do to alleviate that short term specific problem.

My experiences with other companies in competition with this company were also mentioned. Now, speaking for what others may have written!  I read many of them and found most saying they could relate because they had, or were having the same experience.

My interpretation of the meaning of your thread was not "as a warning to others". It was seen by me as being a problem you worked hard to try to resolve, and being very disappointed in being treated very badly. Like you, I value my time. When someone or some company schedules an appointment or a meeting and is a "no show"?  I too am po'd. 

What I've found over my many years on these forums is this. People ask a specific question, relating to themselves, get several answers, then never return to their thread and say anything. To me it's nice to see if comments or suggestions addressing their questions  were helped, and/or resolved.

Can only speak for myself, and as I said earlier this morning in another thread, "sometimes I don't even know why I say or do certain things" much less about what others say or do.

I sincerely hope you got your problem settled with that company, you sure got a major runaround.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't read the thread before responding. 

If you're taking the time to respond to a thread, especially a lengthy one, chances are new information has been added and your answer may not even be relevant to the original post.

@Bri369, did you see my Post #17? :-)

@suzyQ3 I did!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

My biggest peeve is people not reading the post correctly.  Then their answers make no sense.  I read a post where someone was asking a question about the product and all she got was people saying they loved or not loved the product which had nothing to do with the question she was asking.   I posted a problem about a company and the measures I had taken (calling customer service) and the post was just to warn others to check out this company before signing up.  I got all these posts to call customer service which I said I had done in the post.   Also people who just read the post so they can say something ugly.  That is not necessary. 

@chiclet you gave it a good college try and hopefully what you posted didn't fall on all deaf ears. You did what you deemed necessary to alert others'.

Pay no attention to those that posted something ugly, it isn't worth it. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Or maybe they want to say what's on their mind regardless of the question on the post. Some posts are tooooooo long, like yours & others I won't nameSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll admit that if a thread is 15 pages long, I'm not going to read every page.

I'll read the first two pages, and the last one but not all the others.

My pet peeve is when someone comes here and tells a sob story, because they are looking for sympathy, because they are having a pitty-party, and want others to feel sorry for them.

Then when they don't get that, because others are questioning their story, and "details" come in drip and drabs, and it's only to fit the origional post, they become indignant, and in so many words, say that they are going to take their ball and go home.

I mean, if one only wants sympathy, and people to feel sorry for them, just say so up front.

Don't play games.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.