Respected Contributor

Pet Peeve about posting on this forum

My biggest peeve is people not reading the post correctly.  Then their answers make no sense.  I read a post where someone was asking a question about the product and all she got was people saying they loved or not loved the product which had nothing to do with the question she was asking.   I posted a problem about a company and the measures I had taken (calling customer service) and the post was just to warn others to check out this company before signing up.  I got all these posts to call customer service which I said I had done in the post.   Also people who just read the post so they can say something ugly.  That is not necessary. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve about posting on this forum

[ Edited ]

People not thoroughly reading or comprehending a post happens quite often, and it is frustrating. And it's one reason posts go off the rails, or as you said, someone will use the post to grind their own axe so to speak. I have no solutions, but I understand the frustration.

Respected Contributor

This is true, but I put it down to lack of reading comprehension. They don't get the point.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

A lot of people lack reading comprehension.

Honored Contributor

"Use Other Door ---->" :  a sign on a door that people ignore all the time.

People don't read stuff, even when it's in their face. I can understand the frustration.

Esteemed Contributor

I take this as the equivalent of hearing but not listening.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

You are so correct. Mine about the troubles we are having w/Direct TV. Then I said we had an antenna and could not stream or get cable. Thanks for a great message.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Reminds me of when I go to DQ "give me a cheeseburger, no mustard just onions".   What do I get ? A burger with enough mustard on it to stagger a buffalo.  Husband says people hear what they want to hear and that "no mustard" , to them, meant you wanted a ton of mustard.

Now, I just say cheeseburger with onion only. Nothing about mustard and so far it's been good. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

never seen such a slow board as QVC's. Just post a message, no , pics, emoticons, gifs, just words and you still have to sit and wait on it.

Hope it's slowing down the ton of pics that's daily posted on Among Friends of trees, birds, flowers must had finally dragged down Q's servers

Honored Contributor

Agree, I see this a lot on these boards.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)