Respected Contributor

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

With the new rules, it really is a new board.  There are other places to go for less PC discussion.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

My thoughts on this . . . they are protecting QVC the "brand." 

QVC would prefer the vibe to be even-handed (no political posts on controversial matters, no religious posts that claim that only one faith counts).  This is just good manners.

They would prefer not to encourage vulgarity, mean spirited trolling, baiting, snarking and various other things that occasionally (not always) erupted on the old boards and were ugly.  The forums are associated with their name and they are guarding their good name.  

That's how I see their reshaping of the BBs.  And they have been reshaped, imo largely for the better. 

I've had a few posts poofed--probably either were too sharply worded or were objected to by another poster or two.  Though I was surprised, I wasn't angry.  They have a stake in making people feel comfortable on their website and they are doing this fairly transparently. 

This doesn't mean some features couldn't and shouldn't be fine-tuned. But I like these new boards overall. 

Very well put........I too like these new boards. 

I have met some very fine folk on here and have gotten to be very good friends with some of them.  That does make posting here much more fun.  Have no plans to quite now......or in the near future. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
I have been posting here since before the last big change in 2004. I never found it necessary to become involved in the daily dramas or snarkfests. It was easy to skip over that stuff and still I managed to get just under 20,000 posts.

I find there is now a new kind of bully on the boards, those that literally think they're holier than thou. They're quick to reprimand anyone they think is "out of line" and try to win favor with the monitors by congratulating them when they delete a post. They are fast turning these boards into a "us versus them" situation, which is just as bad as what we had before.

I actually think it's worse.  A few here seem to think they are the "moderators". 

Respected Contributor

@milly1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:
I have been posting here since before the last big change in 2004. I never found it necessary to become involved in the daily dramas or snarkfests. It was easy to skip over that stuff and still I managed to get just under 20,000 posts.

I find there is now a new kind of bully on the boards, those that literally think they're holier than thou. They're quick to reprimand anyone they think is "out of line" and try to win favor with the monitors by congratulating them when they delete a post. They are fast turning these boards into a "us versus them" situation, which is just as bad as what we had before.

I actually think it's worse.  A few here seem to think they are the "moderators". 

I totally agree.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

H--I think you have a point there.  Is that why they were asking about the moderators' salaries---like they want their jobs?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Wasn't Road House yummy ???

Prrrrrrrrr....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Spot on Kachina........

Honored Contributor

@June2 wrote:
You are a guest here. If you decide to stay, there are standards and rules to follow by the host. If the standards are too strict.....the door is open. To challenge this or start threads against standards just why? QVC does not have to have these boards. We should be grateful for them, enjoy them, use them and not challenge them. That's all.

Just why did you feel the need to lecture us ?

Respected Contributor

The problem is there are some posters that think they are moderators. So we wind up having triple the staff! LOL! 

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@June2 wrote:
You are a guest here. If you decide to stay, there are standards and rules to follow by the host. If the standards are too strict.....the door is open. To challenge this or start threads against standards just why? QVC does not have to have these boards. We should be grateful for them, enjoy them, use them and not challenge them. That's all.

Just why did you feel the need to lecture us ?

Why do you feel the need to LECTURE ME? LOL!