Honored Contributor

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

[ Edited ]

'old' days to me means before the change over of the new boards.

'Preachy', to me means people that start going off subject talking about stuff of the world , how , we're all doomed, get ready for this and that to happen. People with to much time on their hands.

Congrats on being here for 15 yrs. I have no intention of competing with that record. No desire, whatsoever.

your post would be considered "baiting", but, it's not up to me to give you the warning.

Have a nice day .........

Honored Contributor

I have been posting here since before the last big change in 2004. I never found it necessary to become involved in the daily dramas or snarkfests. It was easy to skip over that stuff and still I managed to get just under 20,000 posts.

I find there is now a new kind of bully on the boards, those that literally think they're holier than thou. They're quick to reprimand anyone they think is "out of line" and try to win favor with the monitors by congratulating them when they delete a post. They are fast turning these boards into a "us versus them" situation, which is just as bad as what we had before.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Kachina624. It reminds me of being back it school. Your post is so true. Thanks
Honored Contributor

yep, like back in scool..what we called brown nosing or /teachers pet/know it all- to   snitching or  wanting a pat on the back / look how smart i am....really all for attention.

Kind of sad.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Kavhina624 - totally agree you said it just right. Thank you.
Esteemed Contributor

It is QVC's board and they dictate the rules. I imagine they pay considerable amounts to hire moderators and technical people to keep the forums up, upgraded and running. I worked in a fortune 100 Company in NYC and people have jobs which are to only monitor employee emails and Facebook postings. If you are using the site and posting on the QVC forums, you play by their rules as it is proprietary and not a childish matter, it is a security matter or often a matter of comments that are politically incorrect and considered offensive to some of their customers. It is a business and this is a shopping channel board. For more controversial subjects, there are more appropriate venues.
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

yep, like back in scool..what we called brown nosing or /teachers pet/know it all- to   snitching or  wanting a pat on the back / look how smart i am....really all for attention.

Kind of sad.

Cowboy Sam, Who is Sam E referred to  on your signature ?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My thoughts on this . . . they are protecting QVC the "brand." 

QVC would prefer the vibe to be even-handed (no political posts on controversial matters, no religious posts that claim that only one faith counts).  This is just good manners.

They would prefer not to encourage vulgarity, mean spirited trolling, baiting, snarking and various other things that occasionally (not always) erupted on the old boards and were ugly.  The forums are associated with their name and they are guarding their good name.  

That's how I see their reshaping of the BBs.  And they have been reshaped, imo largely for the better. 

I've had a few posts poofed--probably either were too sharply worded or were objected to by another poster or two.  Though I was surprised, I wasn't angry.  They have a stake in making people feel comfortable on their website and they are doing this fairly transparently. 

This doesn't mean some features couldn't and shouldn't be fine-tuned. But I like these new boards overall. 

Honored Contributor

Sam Elliot the actor who played in a lot of western movies,and other shows.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Sam E ...

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."