Honored Contributor

Peapod is no longer servicing Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana.  After 30 years of service.  Our local grocery stores now offer delivery service which hurt Peapod badly.  Try to order from your local grocery like I did today and you can have in delivered in one week.  LOL  Looks like I will be out at the grocery store.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised another outlet like Shipt or Instacart hasn't taken over. I've ordered from both in the past week and had to wait for the next day at one. I may be wrong but expect more ppl to apply to these services for shopping and delivery making it unnecessary for ppl to go to the grocery and drug stores.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Peapod is no longer servicing Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana.  After 30 years of service.  Our local grocery stores now offer delivery service which hurt Peapod badly.  Try to order from your local grocery like I did today and you can have in delivered in one week.  LOL  Looks like I will be out at the grocery store.

@Katcat1 

It wasnt too bad with Instacart.....if you placed an order on Sunday it could be delivered on Tuesday.... Since I still had a few things I opted for my usual Wednesday delivery.....

Delivery really helps me especially the heavy items like big bags of kitty litter and cat food, the heavy bottles of laundry detergent etc.....They do an excellent job....

I was hesistant about them picking produce but I gave it a shot with a few produce items and that worked out too, they did a good job...but sometimes I still like to go to the store and pick my own stuff....But with this virus Instacart is a blessing!

And to help the crowds and work load for deliverys our grocery chain is offering free curbside too... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I never had Peapod becasue it was tied to one Supermarket.  And they didn't have everything I wanted. Peapod has compition from other instacart, Amazon Fresh, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Read a few months ago, Peapod planned on concentrating on the East coast.  No doubt though, competition among all grocery store deliveries is heating up.  

I use Peapod and very pleased.  Everything very fresh.  They always started carrying items I requested.  Next day delivery Monday through Sunday; which is fine with me. No need for same day.  

I also like the up to $5.00 discount depending on the day and time of delivery you choose.  You can change and add items to your order up to 4 pm the day before delivery.

Have very good specials pricing every week.  Sometimes offer free delivery.

Delivery by very pleasant drivers is always on time as promised.

No complaints.