Esteemed Contributor

If you receive a fraudulent PayPal message stating that your account is being suspended, do not open it.  Forward it to spoof@paypal.com.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the warning. 👍

Valued Contributor

Because I'm a seller on * bay, I have received many of these msgs.

Sorry to see that happening again.

For me, it's been quite awhile.

Honored Contributor

I get all kinds of these types of spoofing emails constantly supposedly from Amazon,PayPal, and even from banks I do not bank with.   I just junk them.  They are pretty obvious fakes.  I suppose enough people fall for them or they would  not keep sending them.

Honored Contributor

. I constantly get one supposedly from Apple saying my iTunes acct has been locked due to what appears to be fraudulent charges.  They say to contact them if the charges aren't correct, which, of course they aren't correct.  What they don't know is that I don't have an iTunes account and no credit card on file.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

wrote:

If you receive a fraudulent PayPal message stating that your account is being suspended, do not open it Forward it to spoof@paypal.com.

@SXMGirl

Maybe it's different on your emails, but on mine you cannot forward an email without first opening it ..... and how would you know it's a phishing email without looking at it?  It might really be from Paypal.   

(Real Paypal emails address you by your full name .... NOT "dear customer" or versions thereof)

Just do not click on any links on the phony email .... and forward to their security team, address provided above.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, I knew from the title that it was phishing and I immediately contacted PayPal.  I only posted this to encourage anyone who suspects that it is a fraudulent email to not open it.  No matter who you think it comes from, you should always check it out with the provider before opening.  If the email cannot be forwarded without opening, then still make contact with the provider and send the email to spam.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

The phishing emails on my iPad always include link(s)  which must be clicked on to proceed. Otherwise, the scammer cannot get the information they want.

So, merely looking at a message and forwarding it has never caused me problems.

I know, because not a single one of these phony charges have appeared on any of my credit card statements.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the warning..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I've received the PayPal scam message a few times --- except I never used PayPal. Never open a link or post information on-line.