Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula Deen on Evine Live now

Paula has become a parody of herself and unfortunately an unwanted stereotype for others.

Trusted Contributor

It absolutely flabbergasts me that people have such negative views about someone that doesn't impact their lives. It's not like the six billion the state dept. lost, admitting the treaty will fund terrorism, or it now routinely happening in our country .

No, not a fan or a non fan. I wish Paula well so all her employees can keep their jobs.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

Where' the eyeroll emoticon when you need it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Merciful heavens - I *hope* that's a wig, because if not...WHY? Just...why?

And - $90 for 30 sausages plus "buttahbuttahbuttah!" And $120(!) for *8* swordfish steaks.

It boggles the mind.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

before she disappears for good I ordered her cookbook. I never watched when she was on QVC or her food show but it doesn't seem like she's toned down her personality and I'm glad to see that because she was a fun person before she became public enemy #1. I'm sure she has to be careful about what she says but still has her sense of humor. What's up with the makeup?? Did he go crazy with the bronzer?? It's a mess. Personally not a fan of Southern accents but a friend of mine who moved to the South and never had one before developed a really extreme one so I don't think she's faking it. She and Allison could take their show on the road it's so crazy but kept me watching the whole show.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to her on her weight loss. She looks great!  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster
Respected Contributor

The woman has a right to try to make a living. Either folks will buy her products, or not. We all have that choice. Still a free country.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster
Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

The woman has a right to try to make a living. Either folks will buy her products, or not. We all have that choice. Still a free country.

That's true.

But when one can't make a living without salaciously sucking on sausages in front of a live audience or using disparaging slurs, that's a problem.

While that may be a problem for you and others, it doesn't change the fact that she has a right to make a living and folks will either buy...or not. Smiley Happy