Honored Contributor

Paul McCartney's FB Posts Today Marking Two Occasions

[ Edited ]

A photo of himself hugging wife Nancy captioned:

"Ten beautiful years together. Happy anniversary to my lovely wife."

I never sense that he has the same passion for Nancy that he did for Linda (he actually posts a lot more frequently about Linda) but I'm glad he's happy. Even though he has now broken my heart three times! 💔💔💔  I remember well my teenaged heartbreak when he married Linda!

He also posted:

"Happy birthday thoughts for John Lennon".   [This was posted with a great photo of the two of them in one of their homes in Liverpool --Paul's I think - goofing around with guitars].

[Lennon  would have been 81 yrs old today.  His son Sean, who shares his birthday, turned 46 yrs old today.]

IMAGINE

@Witchy Woman   @GrailSeeker 

Honored Contributor

Re: Paul McCartney's FB Posts Today Marking Two Occasions

I agree about Paul having such a loving marriage with Linda, she was a beautiful woman inside and out and losing her at such a young age had to be so difficult.  However, he has found love again with Nancy and I congratulate them on the tenth wedding anniversary!!!!!  Good news!

That is also so caring that Paul posted a picture of John, so many memories with him as they started out and rose to fame in the music world.  John and George are missed by all of us who loved the Beatles and were with them from the start!

As I have said before I love growing old with Paul, Ringo and all the rockers who were such a part of my world of music and still are, love them all!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

I took a peek at the photo and thought it was lovely.

I agree with @spiderw  that Linda was likely his "great love" and it's hard to replace that.  The passion of youthful love is fleeting.  And, she is the mother of his children, so there is that, too.

However, it is wonderful that he still has someone in his life that he loves even it is not one of us!  

Yes, Paul has broken many hearts repeatedly, but we still love him Cat Happy

So bittersweet seeing the photos of John...I managed to scroll through most of the pics on his FB page and found myself feeling sad and melancholy for what is no more.  Sigh.  

I noted a recent release of Linda's vegetarian cookbook and may take a look at that.  Sure wish her prepared meals were sold in the US!  I would love to try them.

Respected Contributor

I don't know about him having the same passion for Nancy as he did for Linda.

He & Linda were much younger & she was a very strong presence in his career & life, at the point.

Nancy has been with him at a time that he is not always in the press like he was years, ago & she may not be the type to put herself out there like Linda was.

DIfferent people. Different stages of their lives.

I hope they are happy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Pearlee 

I took a peek at the photo and thought it was lovely.

I agree with @spiderw  that Linda was likely his "great love" and it's hard to replace that.  The passion of youthful love is fleeting.  And, she is the mother of his children, so there is that, too.

However, it is wonderful that he still has someone in his life that he loves even it is not one of us!  

Yes, Paul has broken many hearts repeatedly, but we still love him Cat Happy

So bittersweet seeing the photos of John...I managed to scroll through most of the pics on his FB page and found myself feeling sad and melancholy for what is no more.  Sigh.  

I noted a recent release of Linda's vegetarian cookbook and may take a look at that.  Sure wish her prepared meals were sold in the US!  I would love to try them.

@Witchy Woman  Gold digger Heather Mills is also the mother of one of his children, Beatrice (who looks like Paul -- the eyes).  I remember when Linda's meatless frozen meals were in our supermarkets. I never tried one; they were pricey compared to the Lean Cuisines I was buying (and still buy).

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I don't know about him having the same passion for Nancy as he did for Linda.

He & Linda were much younger & she was a very strong presence in his career & life, at the point.

Nancy has been with him at a time that he is not always in the press like he was years, ago & she may not be the type to put herself out there like Linda was.

DIfferent people. Different stages of their lives.

I hope they are happy. 

@Dusty1 Very true.

I remember in one of the zillions of Beatles and Paul biographies I've read, one of the people from EMI records who was with Paul for years, Mal (I forgot his last name now) said "Paul always has to have a bird [girl] around."   One of the characters in A Hard Days Night travelling with the Beatles was based on Mal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The goofy photo that Paul posted on FB forJohn's birthday is in an article in People online about John's birthday (you must check out John's silly hat). Also in that article is what Yoko posted today: a wonderful photo of John blowing out birthday candles with Sean as they jointly celebrate their birthdays. 

So sad: John would be 81 today but he stopped in time at 40. 😥

Trusted Contributor

I heard about the new cookbook this week.  It came up in my YouTube suggestions.  I think its promotion must be something the daughters have "cooked" up.  

Remember Jane Asher?  At the time, I couldn't think that Linda was beautiful enough for Paul.  As my oldest son observed, "George Harrison was the only one who had any taste in women".  

I would have been green with envy over any woman Paul chose!

Here is the story of the new cookbook and Linda's feelings about animal rights.Linda McCartney's Family Kitchen - In Conversation with Paul, Mary and Stella 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee thanks for posting about sir Paul!  I agree He had such passion for Linda     I feel his one true love.   If she hadn't died they would still be together .   I remember seeing them on stage when touring with Wings Across America . You could tell the love between them .   She was perfect for him ,   although I was jealous ,  as thousands of others were as well ,  how dare him get married lol.   Nancy and he probably have things in common and enjoy the same things,   someone to share life with ,  but maybe lacking that real passion not that I know that certainly .  Just my thoughts .   Some men really don't like being alone ,  Paul must be one .  I'm glad he's happy !

Valued Contributor

I definitely remember Jane Asher! It did my poor bruised teenage ego a world of good to see that my favorite Beatle had a girlfriend with red hair and freckles - just like me!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien